Friday, April 9, 2021

patterns

 Friday, April 9, 2021 (6:56 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


I just noticed again, I like patterns. A lot!


Thank You that I can even bring this to Your Word. And hear back from You.


Paul’s letter to the churches in Galatia. Written to make “clear to the Galatians that in Christ they were truly free” (The Life Recovery Bible introduction).


Father, I confess to You again how often I forget this. My own pattern is to think Jesus, plus some work or attitude on my part.


Let’s take yesterday for example. Or even this past weekend. Always think I’d get back around to worshiping and adoring You. Just one more thing to look up or learn about and then I’ll settle in to thanking and praising You.


Let me start with that right now. Thank You Lord for the blessings You provide us. The opportunity to come before You. Freely. Just as we are. What an incredible, irreplaceable gift.


Blessed, Holy God, You truly ARE great. Glorious. Good. And gracious!


I confess to getting caught in my own thought patterns. Thinking one mistruth after another. Even when I recognize them for what they are I find myself stuck. Unable [or is that unwilling?] to turn myself around.


Holy Father God, my own thinkings/understandings keep me far from You. Turning again to the Truth and hope in Your Word my heart finds peace. As well as a deep quickening.


Paul’s urging to the Galatian believers, “For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Can’t you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do - submit to circumcision, reject circumcision. It is what God is doing, and He is creating something totally new, a free life! All who walk by this standard are the true Israel of God - His chosen people. Peace and mercy on them!” (The Message).


Again I confess. I don’t know what to do with this freedom Lord. I recognized it yesterday. Wandering. Starting. Getting sidetracked. Frittering. Falling short. Failing.


And here comes a smile. Reminding me that through it all You still love me. No matter my faults and failings. You love me! Thank You Father.


Thank You that You are always great. Always glorious. Always good. Always gracious. This is a pattern on which I can depend. Stake my very life on.


I love You. I need You. I thank You. I praise You. And I ask You to use me this day exactly as You alone know is best. Truly free. Amen.


(463 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment