Wednesday, April 21, 2021

bits and pieces

 Wednesday,April 21, 2021 (6:28 a.m.)

Holy God,


You gave me bits and pieces of a memory throughout the night. Enough that I was able to put it all together.

(7:25 a.m.)


I confess to You Father the side track I just took in trying to find the TV phrase You gave me during the night. It was satisfying. Exciting. And now gone. Thank You for having given me what I needed at that time.


Put my focus back on the Scripture (John 3:34-36) You have for me. The apostle John telling “all people everywhere” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE AUDIENCE) about John the Baptist’s introduction of Jesus.


Holy God, Your words are so much more important than the inspiring television [Code Black] quote that fleetingly flashed through my mind between sleeping and waking. Even this confession reminds me of the verses (1 Peter 1 :24-25) I read before bed last night.


The more I search Your Word, Lord, the deeper is my understanding. The greater my excitement.


The apostle Peter quoted the prophet Isaiah in his effort “To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PUROSE). Thank and praise You Lord.


“As the prophet (Isaiah 40:6-8) says, ‘People are like grass that dies away; their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of wildflowers. The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the Word of the Lord will last forever. And that Word is the Good News that was preached to you.”


Oh Dearest God, how I thank You for the bits and pieces You provide here and there that make us truly whole!


Confessing wholeheartedly to You right now, I DO still want to remember the quote You briefly provided me so much earlier. If that be Your will I’m asking. If not, provide me the practice in just letting go of that desire.


These are John the Baptist’s words according to The Message. “The One (Jesus) that God sent speaks God’s words. And don’t think He rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. The Father loves the Son extravagantly. He turned everything over to Him so He could give it away - a lavish distribution of gifts. That is why whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, life complete and forever! And that is also why the person who avoids and distrusts the Son is in the dark and doesn’t see life. All he experiences of God is darkness and an angry darkness at that.”


Oh, most Dear and Blessed God, how I long to “get in on everything, life complete and forever.” Mm, yes. I want to avoid the darkness. The angry darkness at that!


I know that my desire to recall the words from earlier have everything to do with the insightful kindness I remember from the character [Dr. Rollie Guthrie] portrayed at the time. A soft spoken, Truth telling individual who went out of his way in encouraging others.


Mm, yes Father. I am asking You to work in me that I will come to represent in real life something I’ve mostly witnessed through fictional roles. Even the description of this nonexistent individual is one I aspire to.


“Warm, genuine, reassuring… gifted when it comes to connecting… enjoys taking people under his wing, often guiding them with meaningful anecdotes that illuminate complicated situations… a man of faith… when things get tough, he looks to his faith to guide him.”


Yep! I’m asking Father. Embolden, empower and enable me in being the woman You created me to be. Loving. Kind. Wise. Complete. In You!


Do all You must. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(623 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment