Saturday, April 24, 2021

contentedness

 Saturday, April 24, 2021 (7:35 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


Thanks for extra sleep. Yes. And thank You for dreams. And songs. And rest. And all the many things You provide us.


Oh, look. Here’s a smile. A simple, sweet, contented smile. Mm, thank You Lord.


Blessed Father God, You allow us such joy. Especially when we stop long enough to actually take it in.


Thank You for Your teachings. Your call to pay attention to the things that matter.


Waking up with Billy Joel music in my head, I find and read his words. Reminding me again, ♪You’re Only Human… You’re allowed to make your share of mistakes♪


What a perfect song to prompt me to remember the importance of fully embracing failure!


♪You better believe there will be times in your life When you’ll be feeling like a stumbling fool So take it from me you’ll learn more from your accidents Than anything that you could ever learn in school Don’t forget your second wind Sooner or later you’ll get your second wind♪


Lord God, You know my heart. My needs. My interests. And You supply all that is necessary to meet them.


Searching Your Word to express the contentedness I am experiencing, I land at Proverbs 17:1. The Passion Translation. “A simple, humble life with peace and quiet is far better than an opulent lifestyle with nothing but quarrels and strife at home.”


Thank You Father. Your Word speaks such Truth! “Better is a dry morsel with joy, than a house full of sacrifices with chiding, (or with arguments).” Wycliffe Bible.


Continue Your work in shaping us into the people You would have us be. We love You. We thank You. Use us. Amen.

(289 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment