Monday, April 26, 2021

cattywampus

 Monday, April 26, 2021 (5:56 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed, Glorious Father God,


I love You. And I thank You. It’s to You we can come. No matter the circumstances.

(6:44 a.m.)


Like in the middle of the night when my thinking gets all cattywampus [thanks Mom!] and You remind me of Your Truth. Verses come to mind and settle my thoughts.


Psalm 91:4. “He will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with His feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” It’s so true Dearest God.


There I was. Thinking of things of which to be afraid. The word cattywampus came to mind and I smiled. Remembering, “Don’t worry about anything. Instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need. And thank Him for all He has done” (Philippians 4:6).

(7:28 a.m.)


The longer I’m here with You the bigger my smile and more peaceful my heart grow. Thank You Father. Each verse adds perfectly to the next. Praise You Lord.


“If you do this [pray, tell, thank], you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus” (v. 7 The Living Bible). It’s so true Lord. Thank You!


Cattywampus thinking one moment. Peace that passes all understanding the next.


“And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about” (8). Oh Dearest Lord, continue teaching me to do this. Readily. Without hesitation!


Verse 9. “Keep putting into practice all you learned from me [the apostle Paul] and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.” Yes, Lord. Do all You must that I will keep practicing Your Truth.


I love You Lord. I thank You. And I ask You to continue changing my cattywampus thinking. Praise You, Father. Amen.

(359 words  ~ 7:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment