Sunday, November 1, 2020

"That's pretty!"

Sunday, November 1, 2020 (5:45 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed Holy God,


“That’s pretty!”


How long has it been since I’ve said that to You God? Oh, and now the tears return. Stinging my eyes and putting pressure on my nose. Rolling down my cheeks enough to be brushed away. As I reach for the necessary tissues, I feel all this emotion catch in my throat.


Such a huge part of me wants to wail out to You, “It’s too much God. I can’t take anymore!” Instead of surrendering and giving up, I look again to the sky. Thank You Lord. Praise You.


You are good

(6:04 a.m.)


And then? Amazement! Enough to go outside for a better view. Panoramic really. Starting in the east. Wrapping all the way around to the southwest. Orange. Pinks. Even shades of purple. So pretty God. So, so pretty.


Thank You.

(6:14 a.m.)


Another trip to the east facing windows and I am truly speechless. Father, praise You!


How I thank You for using Your beauty to remind me of the song I woke up with so much earlier. ♪This Is The Day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it♪ Yes! Thank and praise You God!


Here I am. Wavering between hope and fear. So easily undone.


And then? A glance outside. Your incredible artwork at its very best. The beauty of this particular sky could not be what it is without the clouds. The grays and whites shading and adding to the majesty of it all.


Holy God, I don’t remember the last time I’ve felt this deeply rooted joy. Real. Non-manufactured. Not something I worked to achieve. And it all stems from You. Thank You.


I turn to You. Singing. Smiling. Sitting up straighter. Standing firmly on Your Word. And staying my mind on You. Thank You Lord.


I absolutely do not know what today is going to bring. And right now, because of the hope found in a glorious sunrise I am more strongly rooted in the Truth and promises of Your infallible Word. Praise You God.


Psalm 118 begins and ends with the call to “Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.” This is the important Truth I need to remember throughout every single moment of every new day.


The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for 118:22-25 reminds us that Your ways are not the same as ours. We don’t see Your bigger picture. We don’t know Your plans. BUT! “As willing vessels of God’s power, we can be transformed to impact others far beyond our wildest dreams. To do this, we must entrust our life to God.” Yes please Father.


“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Please, LORD, please save us. Please, LORD, please give us success” (vs. 24-25). Yes. Please, LORD, please!


Here from The Passion Translation. “This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee. O God, please come and save us again; bring us Your breakthrough-victory!”


That sunrise went a long way in helping to renew my hope. Help me find and share Your gladness and joy this day Blessed God. Yes! This day that You have made. The one that started out so pretty!


Thank You Father.


Spirit of the Living God, Fall afresh on me… Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me…♪ exactly as You alone know is best.


I love You. I need You. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(617 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment