Wednesday, November 11, 2020

so many thoughts

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 (4:23 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


Thank You. I woke up with so many thoughts. Seemingly all at once. One right after another. So many thoughts. And music to boot!


Blessed God, how very much I thank You for all the different directions my mind goes. Only to come back to You!


♪It’s a new day, it’s a new… Feeling Good♪

♪Nutcracker (Chinese?)♪

♪Baby Got Back♪ [Oh my!]

♪celebrate!♪

“It’s a gift… NOT a given”

Psalm 40:1-5 confidence and joy

“to boot” - lagniappe: | lan'yap | something given as a bonus or extra gift. Louisiana French, from Spanish  la ñapa (freebie; tip)


With all these thoughts scrambling around inside I’m asking You to guide and direct me into Your Word this morning. Do I follow the music? Or...??


The gift. Yes. Every single day is a gift You give to us. It is NOT a given. Never something for us to take for granted. A true example of a lagniappe.


And here the music cues in again. Each strand vying for center stage. Reminding me that it IS ♪a new dawn… a new day♪ As the mushrooms from Disney’s Fantasia dance in my mind [Nutcracker] I also have Kool & The Gang prompting me to ♪Celebrate good times♪


As I dive into Your Word this morning the smile on my face and deep in my heart grows larger. Thank You Father.


Strange as it is that I would be using the melody of a song [♪Baby Got Back♪] that seems so completely out of character for me I find in Romans 14 and 15 what I believe You to be saying to me. Just the other day I was singing loudly ♪I like to blame and I cannot lie ♪ and here You show me what I already knew.


Romans 14 The Danger of Criticism. I agree with You Father. This tendency I have of judging others harshly does not serve to glorify You at all. Do all You know is best in changing me Lord.


Illustrated Bible Handbook breaks these sections down for me. Chapter 14:-15:13. Principles of Life Together. Nonjudgmental Attitude; 14:1-13. Self-sacrificial Attitude; 14:14-15:4. And Accepting Attitude; 15:5-13.


Teach me Blessed God. I long to use the gift of this day without my usual judgment toward others. Yes Lord. Link the accepting attitude You have provided me with one of self-sacrifice.


I love You. And I truly long to serve You as You so rightly deserve. Thank You Father. Prepare and use me as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

                                                                                   (440 words ~ 6:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment