Sunday, November 22, 2020

intentionally changed thinking

 Sunday, November 22, 2020 (7:15 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s a whole lot of sadness around us. And You are really good Lord!


Just when I thought I had turned to 1 Corinthians 13:13, I found another mistake. Second Corinthians isn’t the same as First. And still You speak. Loudly. Clearly.


NONE of anything that happens to and around us surprises You. You are ahead of every circumstance. Thank You Father. Praise You.


Before opening my eyes this morning my thoughts were of mistakes and mishaps. Rather than staying there I intentionally changed my thinking. Remembering Your promises.


Oh look!!! Or is it “listen”? Chris Tomlin is singing in my mind right here. ♪So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise Oh God Your Grace Is Enough… for me♪


Most Dear and Blessed God, You speak to us. Give us ears to hear. And eyes to see. I’m asking You to make me receptive to Your direction.


Reading The Passion Translation my mind begins equal doses of agreement and dispute. And even here I thank You Lord. You provide me language with which to express my deepest thinking.


“For now we see but a faint reflection of riddles and mysteries as though reflected in a mirror, but one day we will see face-to-face. My understanding is incomplete now, but one day I will understand everything, just as everything about me has been fully understood. Until then, there are three things that remain: faith, hope, and love - yet love surpasses them all. So above all else, let love be the beautiful prize for which you run” (1 Corinthians 13:12-13).


How can so many claim to be Your followers while at the very same time seem to be demonstrating anything but? Where is the patience? Kindness? Generosity?


We see a lot of self-promoting. Rudeness. Shame. Irritability. Offense. Focus on flaws. Teach us Dear Father to truly celebrate honesty and be loyal to the end (vs. 4-8a). We, as Your beloved children, do not seem to be holding up our end of Your command to love one another (John 13:34).


And here what seemed an error earlier. Paul’s Final Greetings to the Corinthians, “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Rejoice. Change your ways. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet each other in Christian love. All the Christians here send you their greetings. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:11-13).


Following Your Truth with The Life Recovery Bible comment on verse 11. “As Paul closed this letter to the Corinthians, he left them with some worthy challenges and goals to pursue. In essence, he admonished the people to open their minds and hearts to personal change and the healing of relationships. Such spiritual growth and interpersonal harmony can be fueled by faith in God, the ultimate source of healing love and peace. As modern readers of this letter, we, too, can benefit by acting out Paul’s wise counsel.”


Yes Father please! Intentionally change our thinking. To You. Your will. Your way. We love You. Teach us. Praise You. Amen.


(557 words ~ 9:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment