Monday, November 23, 2020

kind words

Monday, November 23, 2020 (4:20 a.m.)

Holy, Blessed God,


How I thank You Lord. Yes! Thank You.


I get to come to You. Turning to Your Book of Truth and promises. First to Psalm 23:6. And ultimately to Proverbs 16:24.


Thank You God. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


Yes Lord, my thanks continues. Infinitely.


Getting to think of You as “my Best Friend and Shepherd” (Psalm 23:1 The Passion Translation) my heart calms and swells alternately. Reading the next line of this verse, “I always have more than enough.” I do Lord.


Thank You for this important reminder. Because You are who You are, “I shall not want.” I lack nothing. I have what I need. I have everything I need. I will never be in need. You care for me always.


Just think of that. You tend to and care for us. We can choose to follow You and find rest. Thank You Father. Praise You.


The last words of verse 2 in The Voice provide such hope. “He soothes my fears” How is it Dear Lord that I forget Your Truth and promises so often?


(5:52 a.m.)


Back over to Proverbs 16:24. “Kind words are like honey - they cheer you up and make you feel strong.” Oh yes, Lord. They do!


Varying translations provide thought provoking word pictures. Various adjectives are: pleasant. Well ordered. Gracious. Fair. Enjoyable and healthful. Good taste to the soul, quick energy to the body. Sweet to the soul and health to the bones.


The Passion Translation. “Nothing is more appealing than speaking beautiful, life-giving words. For they release sweetness to our souls and inner healing to our spirits.”


This is absolute Truth that I believe. Yet there are so very many times that “flesh tearing” [sarcasm] takes over. Forgive me Father.


I long to live this day for You. Gratefully. Lovingly. Good-naturedly. Encouragingly. Using kind words. The ones that build up, not tear down (1 Thessalonians 5:11).


Mm yes, Lord. Kind words. Help me use them Father. Regularly. Often. Naturally. Readily. Without great thought or effort.


I love You Blessed God. And I ask You to do all You must in making me the loving woman You created me to be. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(385 words ~ 6:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment