Tuesday, November 3, 2020

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

 Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (5:48 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that hours earlier I remembered to sing ♪This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it♪ (Psalm 118:24). Doing it again just now a completely different song began.


♪Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down But a good word makes it glad♪ (Proverbs 12:25). Yes, Lord! You have provided us the reminders found in Your Truth.


I look to You Father. It is an election day like none I’ve ever experienced. YOU are holy. YOU are good. YOU already know the outcome. And we are called to trust in You.


That’s right! Our money and national signage states it for all to see. “IN GOD WE TRUST” The question I have is, do we? Is it truly in You we place our hope?


Father God, I continue asking You to right us as Your people. This IS the day that You have made! We ARE to rejoice and be glad in it. Anxiety in our hearts weighs us down. But Your Good Word makes us glad.


Thank You Father that we can come to You with every emotion we possess. None of them are surprising to You. You know Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11). For good and not for evil. To give us a future and a hope.


Again I say I look to You. Teach us to truly be glad. Grateful. Loving. And devoted. To You. Your will. Your way.


I love You Lord ♪And I lift my voice To worship You, O my soul, rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what You hear: May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear♪


Thank You God. You took my simple statement into a song and then to Your Word. Psalm 18:1. “For the choir director: A psalm of David, the servant of the LORD. He sang this song to the LORD on the day the LORD rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. I love You, LORD; You are my strength.”


Remind us of this Dearest Father. YOU are our strength! YOU are our hope! It IS in You we trust!


Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us to “Shout out joy and love!” Do all You must to this end. Teach us to be Your kind loving people. Filled with Your mercy and grace.


I love You Lord. I do! Make it so You are easily seen in me this day.


The United States of America needs You desperately. Do what only You are able in righting the mess we have made. Thank You God. Amen.


(443 words ~ 6:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment