Thursday, November 19, 2020

Enough

Thursday, November 19, 2020 (5:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m confessing a bad attitude. Yep. One simple request by another and “Bam!” the gloves were on.


What the heck was that anyway? Why did I react so intensely? And negatively.


There we were, working along. Each at our own pace. Truly I’m asking You Lord because I honestly don’t have the clue. Why am I still upset over this all these hours later?


I am harshly judging another for not being sorry enough. YOU don’t work that way! That is not the love and forgive tenet You teach. So what do I do now?


There it is! Reading Psalm 60:1-4 the singing and the smile started immediately. ♪Your Grace Is Enough


Mm… speak with me this morning about all that is enough Dearest Lord. You are enough. Your grace is enough. Your faithfulness. Your mercy. Your love. Your justice. 


Enough - as much or as many as required. Enough. Teach me more Lord.


Here is where I thank and praise You Father. You allow us to be honest. To act and react badly. To sin and begin again (Revelation 3:19b). Thank You God.


Thank You that I get to be this honest with You. I get to say out loud for everyone to hear, “I was wrong! I behaved badly. There’s still a hint of justification left inside from what I perceived as fault-finding. Blame.”


And… I get to bring these thoughts and fears and mistakes straight to You. Asking (Matthew 7:7) to be changed. Not to my own specifications. But to Yours.


Father God, You alone know the plans You have for each of us. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Here I am asking You to continue leading that I would follow.


Take yesterday’s blunder as the perfect example. I recognized right as it was happening. I didn’t like what had been said and I didn’t know how to address it. In and of itself it was a perfectly harmless request. And it triggered something deep inside me.


So as I work to follow You past yet another seemingly harmless mishap, I ask You to grow me stronger. Your grace IS enough! (2 Corinthians 12:9). Steep me in it this day.


Teach me what it is You want me to learn regarding Your love. And forgiveness. Your grace. And goodwill. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would truly become the woman You created me to be.


I love You Father. Use me as You know is best. ♪Great is Your faithfulness oh God… Your grace is enough for me♪ Praise You. Thank You. Amen.


(454 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment