Saturday, November 21, 2020

back around

Saturday, November 21, 2020 (5:20 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. I woke up singing again. Yes God. Thank You.


Thank You that I can bring You what seems to me the most bizarre lyrics and You shift my thinking back around to You. ♪What’s the difference if I say, “I’ll go away”…♪


Hmm, yes. Back around to You.


As the words to this century old tune were forming in my mind and the music beginning to swell, my original thought was to dismiss it completely. How could I possibly come to You singing ♪Oh My Man I love him so♪?


Yet, here I am digging deeper into the origins of the song I thought to have first been sung by Billie Holiday in 1937. Nope. It wasn’t even Fanny Brice in 1921. No, no. It was originally composed in French. “Mon Homme” 1920.


Why does all this information fascinate me so? Because it reminds me of how easily I allow what I think to become what I believe… And I can be SO wrong!


Thank You Father that I can change just one word to this well established, often covered, old song and come singing it to You. ♪Oh, my God, I love Him so…♪ Yes! Even music that is a century old can come back around to representing You in my life!


♪All my life is just despair But I don’t care When He takes me in His arms The world is bright All right [huge crescendo here!] What’s the difference if I say, “I’ll go away” When I know I’ll come back On my knees someday For whatever my God is I’m His forevermore♪


Yes God! Yes. I am Yours. Forevermore! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Even if that means taking a hundred year old secular French song and singing it lovingly back around to You.


I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(322 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment