Saturday, November 14, 2020

oil of joy

 Saturday, November 14, 2020 (4:29 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Such good sleep. Praise You Father.


Yes Lord, how I thank and praise You. 


Mm, Father. The longer I sit here, the more I read. And as I do my thoughts corral back to Your Word. Thank You Lord. Yes. Praise You.


Thank You for Your Truth. Your promises. Your commands. Your message of hope. Guide me into Your Word this morning, won’t You?


Another pause. A longer exhale. Fuller inhale. And a smile. Thank You Father. You remind me to do what is vital. Breathe! Yes. Wholly. Completely. Intentionally.


This morning I am actively seeking to learn more about Your oil of joy. I read of its mention (Isaiah 61:3; Hebrews 1:8-9) and I long to know more. Where would You have me look, Dearest Lord?


Right at this moment it is Jeremiah 31. Hope for Restoration (vs. 1-14) and Rachel’s Sadness Turns to Joy (15-40).


Oh most dear and Holy God, how I thank You for guiding me to Your reminders of hope. Reading the comment for this chapter in The Life Recovery Bible my heart beats more quickly as the smile on my face grows larger.


31:1-40 God paints a joyful picture of recovery, with all the elements of repentance, sorrow, forgiveness, laughter, restoration, and hope. Once again God’s people would follow His plan for them, and He would receive their worship and praise. We can experience this kind of restoration, too. We start the process by admitting our need for God’s healing power in our life. God desires to rebuild His relationship with each of us, no matter how far we have strayed from Him. He delights in finding new ways to exhibit His love to those who belong to Him.”


Again I am reading Your Word and thinking about the division of Your people. Right here in this country. People choosing sides. Each believing to the death that their interpretation of Your Word is correct. People who truly love You, hating and name calling those who don’t agree with them. We desperately need Your healing oil of joy to replace the ashes which hatred of one another has caused.


Lord God, I turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Teach us to truly “bring honor to Your name in every generation. Therefore, the nations will praise You forever and ever” (Psalm 45:17).

Earlier in this chapter (vs. 6-7) “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. Your royal power is expressed in justice. You love what is right and hate what is wrong. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.”


Oh yes Blessed God, do all You must that we will honestly come to love what is right and hate what is wrong. According to You! Not the dictates of others.


I love You Lord. ♪And I lift my voice To worship You Oh my soul rejoice Take joy my King In what You hear Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear♪


Even readily singing this to You takes me again to Your Truth. Psalm 31:23-24. “Love the LORD, all you faithful ones! For the LORD protects those who are loyal to Him, but He harshly punishes all who are arrogant. So be strong and take courage [another song!] All you who put your hope in the LORD!”


I long to keep thanking and praising You this day Blessed God. The more I read, the more eager I am to continue.


Psalm 102: 25-27. “In ages past You laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. Even they will perish, but You remain forever [♪Your love never changes♪]; they will wear out like old clothing. You will change them like a garment, and they will fade away. But You are always the same; [♪Your Love Never Fails♪] Your years never end.”


Father God, I love You. We are in desperate need of Your presence. Do all You know is best in bringing us to recognizing and obeying Your will and to Your way.


Psalm 9:1-2. “I will thank You, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High.”


Yes please! Keep us singing Your praises Dearest Father. With every struggle we encounter, teach us to offer it straight to You as an opportunity of hope. Yes. Teach us Lord. To love as You would have us love.


Thank You. Praise You. Use us. Amen.

(791 words ~ 6:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment