Thursday, November 12, 2020

another gift

Thursday, November 12, 2020 (4:32 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. It’s another new day. And with it already has been a few fresh smiles. Truly Lord, it’s another gift. Thank You.


As I turn to Your Word seeking to learn more of Your will and Your way for me this day, The Passion Translation takes me to Colossians 3:13. “Tolerate the weaknesses of those in the family of faith, forgiving one another in the same way you have been graciously forgiven by Jesus Christ. If you find fault with someone, release this same gift of forgiveness to them.”


Hmm… “this same gift of forgiveness.” Yes Father! Instill this same gift in me. That I will genuinely come to utilizing it freely.


The Life Recovery Bible. Beginning at verse 12. “Since God chose you to be the holy people whom He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowances for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.”


It reads so wonderfully. Makes perfect sense. My soul shouts, “YES!” while my head nods in agreement. Talk about a heart’s desire! Lord God, I am asking You to do all that is necessary in making me in to one who readily forgives.


Just thinking of all this ♪new dawn… new day… new life♪ has to offer each of us truly has me ♪Feeling Good♪ Father, how I thank You for Your continued reminders of the genuine gift of love You provide us.


Verse 14 tells us, “And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.” Right in the middle of reading, I start singing ♪Bind us together, Lord; Bind us together with cords that cannot be broken… There is only one God, There is only one King, There is only one body; That is why we sing: Bind us together…♪


Oh Father, the further I read in this section, the greater is Your gift to me this morning. It IS how I ask to live this day!


“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful” (v.15). Oh yes please Lord!


“Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to God the Father” (vs. 16-17).


Holy God, You gift us with each new day. Teach us to use it as You designed. As the unique and genuine gift it truly is.


Oh look! Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “What is a truly spiritual life like? It is simply a daily walk in which we forgive others as the Lord forgave us; in which we are compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient (12-14)… What counts with God is a life of love lived in the real world.”


A life of love? What a gift! Thank You Father. Use me to this end. I love You. Amen.

(564 words ~ 5:59 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment