Thursday, November 5, 2020

thanking You

 Thursday, November 5, 2020 (5:45 a.m.)

Holy God,


I am thanking You. Thanking You because I’m supposed to. Thanking You because Your Word tells us to. “In all things give thanks” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


And in doing that I am reminded to confess my tendency to blame. Yes Father. Forgiveness is rarely my first response to any problem. Rather, I seek to find fault. Criticize. And blame.


Here again I look to You Father. To Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Thanking You as I go.


Thank You that You know our natures. Thank You that You created each of us differently. Thank You that You are good. And that I have such easy access to reading even more about Your goodness.


You just offered me another glorious sunrise. Such a variety of colors. And shadings. Thank You God.


Thank You too that as I look up words that mean the opposite of blame I find: absolve, commend, forgive, free. Which immediately starts me singing ♪Who the Son sets free oh is free indeed I’m a child of God yes I am♪ Praise You Father. Thank You.

(6:59 a.m.)


And here I start again. Time taken to get the household started for the day. And back to offering You all the thanks and praise I am able.


Father God, thank You for being SUCH a ♪Good, Good Father it’s who You are♪ It truly IS who You are! Thank You Lord.

(10:32 a.m.)


And I am back yet again. Still thanking You. Peacefully. Hopefully. You have placed people in our lives who care about us. And that little dog You provided us seven years, four months and four days ago.


Thank You Lord for their prayers and kindnesses on our behalves. Thank You that we are able to cry out to You in all aspects of our lives. Even with the probability of losing a much loved pet.


I am experiencing a shift right now Blessed God. Having read the word commend as an antonym for blame, I’m asking You to train me up in the way I should go (Proverbs 22:6) in learning to commend rather than condemn.


Having just sung to You the other day ♪There is therefore now no condemnation For those who are in Christ Jesus♪ (Romans 8:1) I am thanking You for all that seems to be radically taking place within me at this very moment. An absolute shift in my thinking and well being.


You’ve got us! I know that I know that I know... that You’ve got every aspect of all You want us to be. “In Christ Jesus.” Thank You Lord!


Reading in and of Your Word I am reminded that “With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma [the warring principle (Romans 7:23) within] is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death” (Romans 8:1-2 The Message).


I have lived long enough in fear. In self-blame and condemnation. Jesus I am asking You to free me into the life that YOU died that I would live. The one where I freely offer and receive forgiveness. Commendation.


I want very much to stop living in Romans 7 (Illustrated Bible Handbook). And step purposefully into chapter 8’s Life in the Spirit[’s Power]. Mm. Yes Jesus. Do all You must that I learn to COMMEND rather than condemn!


It’s to You Blessed Three-In-One, our Triune Father, Son and Holy Ghost that I reach out to this morning. Asking You to do all in, with, by, through and for me that is necessary in freeing me to be the commending person You created me to be.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(678 words ~ 11:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment