Tuesday, November 10, 2020

romantic love

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 (6:12 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. I woke up singing again. Still swaying and swooning while the melody builds in my mind. ♪I Finally Found Someone♪ brings me to another smile. Thank You God.


Taking quite a stretch here Lord, I’m turning to SONG OF SONGS The Book of Romantic Love. I didn’t think of it the other day when I heard these lyrics again after such a long time. Oh but Lord, it truly sings of romantic love.


Thank You for the husband You provided me that readily sings me love songs. Thank You for the sense that comes over both of us as we remember being ‘knocked off our feet… made to feel complete… starting out as friends… able to talk things through… to take our breath away…”


After all these (47+) years we both still get tears as we belt out the chorus together. ♪This is it! Oh, I finally found someone; Someone to share my life; I finally found the one - to be with every night; Cause whatever I do It’s just got to be you! My life has just begun, I finally found someone…♪


Can’t You just see it Lord? If musical theater had been a thing in King Solomon’s day, this could have easily been the title song for he and his bride. Thank You Father.


Thank You that Your Word uses this unique Old Testament book to affirm “the sanctity of marriage and the richness of physical love” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE). Citing 6:3 as the key verse, I continue hearing the musical score in my head. Building to completion.


Reading “I am my lover’s, and my lover is mine. He grazes among the lilies!” again I hear ♪Oh this is it! I finally found someone…♪


Most Holy Father God, how I thank You for all the work You have done in, with, by, through and for us that this song would truly come to represent our romantic love for one another. And I ask You to continue doing all You must for Your ultimate good and glory between us.


We love You Father. We come before You thanking and praising You as we sing together.


Turning the page in Your Word I come upon RECOVERY THEMES The Beauty of God’s Creation. The Joy of Committed Love. The Realities of Love. Conflict Should Lead to Recommitment. Blessed Lord, Your Truth sets us up for success when we choose it over everything else.


Thank You Lord that we get to truly sing out together ♪And whatever I do It’s just got to be you! My life has just begun… I finally found someone♪


Use us this day Blessed God. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(466 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment