Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Your plan

 Wednesday, November 4, 2020 (5:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


I come to You first this morning. No searches. No crosswords. No TV news. Straight to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Hoping. Trusting. Believing that You truly know the plan You have for us. A plan for good and not for evil. A plan to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


I believe Lord, because I choose to believe. Thank You for the faith and hope You have provided me that allows me to believe in You. Your will. Your way. Your plan.


I love You God. I don’t pretend to understand any of the things You do. Yet I get in line to learn more of all You have to offer us. Here I ask You to teach me more. Thank You Father.


Yes. Thank You that we get to come to You. Just as we are. Asking only that You want us to come. ♪Just As I Am♪ (John 6:37).


With so very much need of healing in the world today again I turn to Your Word. The Life Recovery Bible TOPICAL INDEX helps me smile as I follow Your lead regarding my need to believe. “BELIEF (see Faith)”


And when I do? Two TWELVE STEP DEVOTIONALS. Both dealing with Step 2. “We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.” Power. Your power! Thank You God.


Reading this morning that ‘faith is the noun form and believe is the verb of the same Greek word’ helps me understand that ‘belief is faith in action.’ Coming to believe matters.


Luke 8:43-48 tells of the Healing Faith of a woman who had spent everything she had seeking a cure from doctors. To no avail. Touching the fringe of Jesus’ robe, she was healed immediately. “‘Daughter,’ He said to her, ‘your faith has made you well. Go in peace’” (v. 48). Oh how I pray that kind of faith upon us Lord.


Dearest God, there are so many examples of division and double standards taking place in the political arena this morning that I confess it is hard to hope. Here I turn to singing ♪All My Hope is in You All my strength is in You With every breath My soul will rest in You♪


And right in the middle, the song switches to ♪Nothing can separate Even if I ran away Your Love Never Fails♪ How I ask You to help me in believing exactly that.


Hope in Faith (Hebrews 11:1-10) reminds us “The Bible tells us that the key [to believing] is in the nature of the higher Power we look to.” And I do Dear Lord. I look to You. This chapter spells out Great Examples of Faith.


Illustrated Bible Handbook breaks it into two sections. The Nature of Faith; 11:1-2,6. The Evidence of Faith; 11:3-40. Until I can muster up the strength to walk courageously in Your Power (Ephesians 6:10) this day I will keep singing.


♪You stay the same through the ages Your love never changes There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning… Your Love Never Fails … You make all things work together for my good…♪


I don’t know how. And I’m going to trust You anyway. Your will. Your way. Your plan. Do all You must Blessed God. We need You like I’ve never known needing You before.


I am choosing to believe and trust and put all my faith in You. Not worrying about anything. Instead, praying about everything. Telling You that we need You. And thanking You that You are good (Philippians 4:6). All the time You are good. Even now.


I love You Father. In Jesus’ most holy name I pray. Amen.


(633 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)


♪You make all things work together for my good…♪ (Romans 8:28). Even all this Dearest God. Even all this…



No comments:

Post a Comment