Monday, November 30, 2020

just thinking about

 Monday, November 30, 2020 (5:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the music I get to wake up singing. Or really just thinking about. Yes Father. Thank You for the many things I get to wake up thinking about. Like how fortunate we truly are.

(6:57 a.m.)

Blessed Lord, I sit. Walk around. Come back. And go again.


The color of the sky this morning was phenomenal. Red. Orange. Pink. Purple. Dark. Light. Shadings. Amazing. Absolutely worth getting up for.


And still the song I keep trying not to sing. I don’t see how it can possibly relate to You and me. Dolly Parton. ♪Here You Come Again♪


Okay. Okay. I give. Let’s explore it together.


You truly DO ♪waltz right in the door Just like You’ve done before And wrap my heart ‘round Your little finger♪


It seems like such stretch Blessed God. Yet, really, not at all.


Changing just two words and I sit up straighter. Become more confident in what I’m doing here. Singing wholeheartedly of Your ability to get our attention however You need to.


This morning? It was by counting the hours of my having been asleep. Estimating it from 9 to 5 immediately brought in Dolly Parton’s singing of that same time frame.


My mind took a quick turn to humming what I thought was ♪There I Go Again♪ Coming out here to see where we’d go from there, You continue bringing my focus back on You.


♪Here You come again Just when I’m about to make it work without You You look into my eyes And expose my pretty lies And pretty soon I’m wonderin’ how I came to doubt You♪


Holy, Holy God, I love the way You speak to me in the most unexpected ways. Especially when I try so hard to ignore or understand.


That’s when another song begins. ♪Trust in the Lord With all Your heart And lean not on Your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him And He will direct Your path♪ (Proverbs 3:5-6).


And just like that? Another twist in my thinking. Seems like a sharp left this time. A fairly easy search takes me to “A Tandem Bike Ride With God” and the reminder that my job with You is to “Pedal!”


Blessed Lord, there are so many way for us to see Your presence in our lives. Open my eyes that I will clearly recognize them. And be amazed. Just like this morning with the colors in the sky.


I love You Lord. And I’m asking that I willing follow You wherever You lead me this day. Continue speaking Your promises of joy to me (Philippians 4:12-13).


Do all You know is best. Thank You. Amen.

(463 words ~ 9:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment