Friday, November 13, 2020

unexplained joy

Friday, November 13, 2020 (6:06 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. And thank You. Sleep. Dreams. Ideas. Plans. And hope. Mm, yes Father, the hope of a brand new day. Thank You. Show me how to use it, please.


Joyfully! Yes. I confess Lord, joy is not my first nature. But You working in me? It’s developing. You provide us so very many resources. Opportunities. Moments to explore. Thank You God.


As I turn in Your Word to 1 Peter 1:3-5 I read and get excited. Again and over again.


Worldwide English (New Testament) tells us, “Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! He was very kind to us, and made us His children. So we have a new hope. This hope is a living hope because Jesus Christ was raised from death. Because we are God’s children, one day we shall receive special blessings. They cannot be spoiled in any way, and they will last for ever. They are kept safe in heaven for you.”


The Passion Translation uses “Celebrate with praises… His extravagant mercy… His fountain of mercy… new life… a living, energetic hope…” Praise You Father.


The Message? “What a God we have! …we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven - and the future starts now! God is keeping careful watch over us and the future. The Day is coming when you’ll have it all - life healed and whole.”


How incredibly blessed are we?


Illustrated Bible Handbook states, “No circumstances can extinguish it [‘living hope’] for it is based on great spiritual realities.” It summarizes these truths as:

1. We have experienced new birth and been given God’s own life.

2. The resurrection of Jesus guarantees an inheritance that is reserved for us in heaven.

3. God’s own power is continually exercised to guard us till Jesus comes.


The Foundation of Christian Hope; 1:3-6” continues, “While these are not realities which can be touched or handled, there is evidence: the unexplained joy believers know despite mental anguish (‘grief’) from ‘all kinds of trials’ is testimony to what cannot be seen.”


Oh yes, most dear and holy God! Teach me what I need to know to live this brand new day in the unexplained joy that comes from the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). And all that cannot be seen.


I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I ask all this in Your Son’s most holy name. Thank You. Use me. Amen.

(429 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment