Saturday, November 28, 2020

"OMG!"

 Saturday, November 28, 2020 (5:37 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m here thanking You for yesterday. I asked Your help and “OMG!” did You ever deliver! Thank You Lord.


And right here I have another topic for You. The use of that phrase. “OMG!” Is it Biblical (Psalm 25:2; 40:17)? Or sin (Exodus 20:7)?


Teach me on this one Lord. I don’t mean it in vain. Or use it casually. Without thought. So just like I did yesterday, I’m bringing my request to You. And asking You to lead and guide me.


Speaking of yesterday… You absolutely did for [in, with, by and through] me all that I couldn’t possibly have done myself. There were plans. And interruptions. Sticking with You, it all came to pass.


The husband and I worked well together. That’s always a plus! Thank You God.


So, as I turn again to Your Word. Actively seeking Your guidance, I ask You Lord, to speak Your Truth to my core.


I read the words of David written all those centuries ago and find help and hope in them still today. Thank You that his honesty continues speaking Your Truth to us. He knew he could count on You. And we get to learn from his examples. Thank You Lord.


We can always turn to You. Calling out, “O my God.” Just as David did. On more than one occasion.


Turning to these two Psalms, I find myself alternately hoping and then singing. All because of the verses preceding both.


Psalm 40:16. “May all who come to You be glad and joyful. May all who are thankful for Your salvation always say, ‘How great is the LORD!’” (Good News Translation). Hmm… Glad. Joyful. Thankful. Yes, please, God. And then Chris Tomlin’s ♪How Great Is Our God♪ starts singing.


Followed almost immediately by Psalm 25:1. King James Version. ♪Unto Thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul♪ Other versions relate David offering You his life. Heart. Inner being. Trust. Prayer.


Lord God, You know us. Our needs. Our strengths. And our weaknesses.


I don’t love making mistakes. Or being wrong. You are helping me learn that they are all parts of learning. We’re going to stumble. Fall. And You’re going to keep loving us. Thank You Dear Lord.


Use me again this day. Exactly as You know is best. Saying “O my God” when appropriate and glorifying to You. Always, only glorifying to You.


Thank You for Your help Lord. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for each of us this day. Praise You Lord. I love You. Amen.


(437 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment