Tuesday, November 17, 2020

zest

 Tuesday, November 17, 2020 (6:20 a.m.)

Holy God,


A word came to mind and here I am reading Psalm 27:1, followed by John 1:5, 9 and 1 John 1:5. Use me this morning as You know is best Dearest Lord.


Mm… The Message A David Psalm Light, space, zest - That’s GOD! So, with Him on my side I’m fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.”


Zest - great enthusiasm and energy; a quality of excitement and piquancy [of being pleasantly stimulating or exciting].


Talk with me, won’t You? About living this day zestfully. Yes. Full of energy and enthusiasm.


As I sit here, reading and thinking I find my smile growing larger. Father, thank You. Thank You that we get to come to You. With whatever word comes to our minds.


Illustrated Bible Handbook describes “Psalm 27. A prayer of confidence in God, on whose person David’s whole being is concentrated.” Hmm. What would that be like Lord?


To TRULY depend on You for every aspect of who we are and all that is to come. Thank You Father. Thank You for the hope that comes from reading and depending on Your Word.


The verses cited above speak of Your Light overcoming darkness. Oh look at this!


The Passion Translation. 1 John 1:5. “God Is Light This is the life-giving message we heard Him [Jesus] share and it’s still ringing in our ears. We now repeat His words to you: God is pure light. You will never find even a trace of darkness in Him.”


Blessed, Holy Father God, I turn to You with all my hopes, all my thoughts, every fear that begins to manifest itself asking that You would continue guiding me more deeply into knowing, trusting and worshipping You. You are good. You are kind. You are vital.


Thank You Lord. Teach me to embrace and live this day with all the zest that You alone provide. Thank You. I love You. Amen.


(332 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment