Monday, November 9, 2020

jaunty

Monday, November 9, 2020 (5:12 a.m.)

Holy God,


You gave me another word just now. Jaunty. It describes perfectly the peppy little step of our vastly improving dog. Bouncy.


The more I read, the more I want to know. “Having or expressing a lively, cheerful, and self-confident manner.” Yes please. I’d like those words to describe me.

Looking further I also find, among others: “cheery, happy, merry, jolly, joyful, lively, perky, bright, buoyant, breezy, in good spirits, carefree, airy, lighthearted, nonchalant, happy-go-lucky, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed...” And the antonyms? “depressed, serious.”


How much more I would rather be seen as lighthearted, cheerful and lively than serious, dull and lifeless. Easygoing rather than anxious.


And where in this world do I find the “grace to accept with Serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other”? In (with, by, through and for) You!


Truly Lord, I am here asking that You would do all You must that I would come to “Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.” Oh yes Dearest God, THAT!


Father, You remind me to sing. Here with Lindy Conant and the Circuit Riders, ♪We’re shaking off the dust as we arise Oh awake awake our generation rise Salvation song will ring throughout the earth And every eye will see Your matchless work. I can feel the drum of Your heartbeat calling us to be Your hands and feet We’re rising up with courage in our hearts to carry out Your love to the hardest and the dark♪


Even while I’m singing the smiles start. One word [courage] strengthens my heart, inciting a grin. Blessed God, how I thank and praise You for the hope You provide us.


A recent widow (Jean Trebek) used these encouraging words in writing for Guideposts during her husband (Alex)’s cancer treatments. She told of them being able to “face our challenges with courage and faith and to embrace and savor the hope and joy that surround us all.” What an inspiration Lord.


Because of their love for and faith in You, they saw “every day as a gift. A constant reminder of how precious life is.” Oh yes please God! That’s the person I want to be [another smile right there as I remember the importance of each of us being our own self].


Jean continued sharing her practice of Doing something for someone else to pull ourselves out of feeling really sad and angry.’ You are such a ♪Good Good Father♪ Lord. Thank You.


She spoke also of the importance of ‘sharing the good. To just watch and be in this moment.’ That’s what I’ve been wanting to learn these past days. Weeks. Months. Years. Decades, really.


Again I ask You Father to do all in, with, by, through and for me that which I am completely unable to accomplish on my own. You know Your plan. Your will. Your way. Align me as necessary. You are good. Holy. And absolutely imperative.


I want to be jaunty? Lively. Cheerful. Let me live this day in, with, by, through and for You. I love You Lord ♪and I lift my voice to worship You Oh my soul rejoice Take joy my King in what You hear May it be a sweet sweet sound in Your ear♪


Thank You that You keep providing me songs to sing and glorify You. Be glorified this day Dear Lord. I love You. Jauntily! Praise You Father. Amen.


(658 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment