Saturday, November 7, 2020

songs

 Saturday, November 7 2020 (6:08 a.m.)

Thank and praise You God!


I got to wake up singing again. First, ♪This Is The Day… that the Lord has made… We will rejoice and be glad in it♪ (Psalm 118:24). Followed by ♪I’ve got that joy, joy, joy, joy Down in My Heart


Thank You Father. You remind us that we have choices. Life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Even my thoughts can take me in either direction. Thank You for all You do in keeping me choosing love inspired fearless enthusiasm. It isn’t automatic for me, Lord. I have to work at it. And You are here. Ever guiding and directing me. Thank You.


And now? The third song. Huey Lewis and The News. ♪Perfect World♪ I wasn’t at all sure who was the artist. I was a little surprised and very pleased to learn it was this favored “bar band” of ours.


What has me smiling most of all is realizing I’ve missed the gist of this song all these years. While it actually sings of ♪Everybody’s looking for the perfect world… perfect boy… perfect girl…♪ the reality it brings is heartening to me.


♪Well what you gonna do, when one and one makes three And a vision of the future is impossible to see♪ Amen to that Lord! Just when I was working at changing the lyrics to represent ♪Living in a COVID World♪ I read the chorus.


♪Ain’t no livin’ in a perfect world There ain’t no perfect world anyway… But we’ll keep on dreamin’ of livin’ in a perfect world…♪ This truth sends me to Your Word. Hebrews 13:14 to be exact.


“For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come.” Oh, Amen to that Dearest Dad!


Huey Lewis continues, ♪Now here we are amid the tears and the laughter Still waiting for our happily ever after We’ll keep on dreamin’ as long as we can Try to remember and you’ll understand Ain’t no livin’ in a perfect world♪


Turning straight back to Your Word and the reminder that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (v. 8). The Life Recovery Bible comment reminds us that “Even if our human leaders were to fail or be abusive, Jesus Christ is totally consistent and trustworthy. He will always be there for us, no matter what.”


Continuing to be strengthened with faith and hope by Your Truth and promises I read on. “As that kind of God and friend, Christ deserves to receive the new covenant equivalent of old covenant sacrifices: (1) praise for who He is and what He has done; (2) good works of service; and (3) sharing with others in need (see 13:2-3). These activities all support an essential step in our on going recovery - telling others what God has done in our life and reaching out to people in need.”


Keep teaching me in being obedient to Your will and to Your way. I love You. I long to serve You. As You alone know is best. Thank You for the opportunities You provide us in learning and mastering new things.


Do all You must Dearest Lord to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(554words ~ 7:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment