Tuesday, March 31, 2020

God is Still Good!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Through this whole CoVid-19 pandemic I have stopped short of asking You for a miracle. I’ve alluded to our need of one. I am confessing to You right now Lord I don’t know how to pray powerful virus ending prayers.

(7:24 a.m.)

So what did I do instead? Played crossword. Watched a video. Checked messages. Anything but continue in what really matters.

Lord God, You really matter. Glorifying You really matters.

Waking up so much earlier I was readily aware of the rhyming between the words glorify and horrify. I get to regularly choose on which to focus.

Each days news seems far more dire than the day before. My own tears come far more easily. Yet You are still on Your throne! You are still God. And You are still good.

Yes, Father. We get to trust and believe and hope and then trust and believe and hope some more. Do all You must Dearest God to this end.

I don’t know how to effectively pray for the end of this present horror. But You are still God. And You are still good!

The tears keep coming Lord. They cloud my thinking. Grip my heart. And then for the third time so far this morning, out of seemingly nowhere, Elton John is once again loudly singing ♪I’m Still Standing better than I ever did Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid And I’m still standing after all this time Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind♪

What any of this might mean I have no idea. You promise to hold us. Care for us. Nurture and grow us. Never have we as the current people of this world encountered anything like this ever before.

The danger and the horror grow. Making it all the more important for us to remember that YOU alone are in charge of it all.

We want healing Father. A miracle that only You can provide. Scientists are working. Politicians. Health care workers. All are being tapped beyond their own capabilities.

Enter Jesus. On a donkey. On the road to Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1-11). Our only hope. And where is our focus? On entertainment. Lifting our spirits by staying virtually connected.

What about the prayers Father? Where are they?

I utter “Thy will be done.” Wondering what “Thy will” might really look like. I cry out,”Stop this horror!” Only to wonder what it will take for You to truly be glorified.

Father God, I love You. I absolutely honestly love You. How do I pray as You would have me pray? How do I help?

Nahum 1:7 Psalms 100:1-5 AMP Psalms 103:1-5 MSG Psalms 34:1-10 ESV

Be glorified Dearest God. In our life. In our day. In this virus. In this crisis. In this HORROR. Be glorified.

Teach me to pray as only You know is best most Holy God. We need a miracle. You are still good. And we need You.
(9:53 a.m.)

And just like that [snap!] Elton John is singing to me again. This time it’s ♪Philadelphia Freedom… shine on me, I love You Shine a light through the eyes of the ones left behind Shine a light Shine a light Won’t you shine a light Philadelphia Freedom I love You, yes I do♪

Yes Father! ♪Don’t You know that I love You? Yes I do♪

Won’t You do all that You know is exactly best? You are still good. Still on Your throne. And we need You like never before.

♪Shine YOUR light♪ Blessed God. And be glorified!

We love You. We need You. We want You. And we ask You. Send Your miracle Dearest God. Send Your miracle today!

In Jesus’ most holy name we pray. Amen.
(648 words ~ 10:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment