Saturday, March 21, 2020

"I'm slipping!"

Saturday, March 21, 2020 (7:07 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I confess to slipping. Sliding right over to… 

… tears!

Yep. Ones that fall straight from my eyes.

Thank You Father. Thank You Lord.

I was all set to attempt avoiding You today, I didn’t want to try to be grateful. I planned to wallow. Just give up and be sad.

Thank You for changing that in me Lord. I didn’t do it. You did!

Psalm 94:17-19 and Jonah 2:1-9 remind me again of Your perfect care for us. I can choose fear or hope.

“Unless the LORD had helped me, I would soon have died. I cried out, ‘I’m slipping!’ And Your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer” (Psalm 94:17-19).

Yes Lord! Renewed hope and cheer. I had to confess my truth to receive Your Truth. I can’t pretend. Act as if. I must be real. Authentic. Honest. Open. Willing.

Mm, yes Father. Thank You.

The Life Recovery Bible’s comment reminds us, “94:16-23 In the final analysis, we can count on no one but God to stand up for us against our enemies [viral though they may be at this time]. He is our fortress and mighty rock. When we stumble into temptation, [like wanting to avoid You!] He is there to keep us from falling. Because He is our defender, He does not allow sin to destroy us beyond hope. Knowing that God is so intimately involved in our life should encourage us to live for Him.”

Yes Lord! This IS the day that You have made! I WILL rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24). NOT by my own sheer will and determination. No. By absolutely surrendering to Your call.

Another comment in The Life Recovery Bible helps cement my resolve. This from the book of Jonah “2:1-10 It took Jonah three days inside the fish to realize that he would have to follow God’s plan for his life. God had called Jonah to do something he didn’t want to do. Jonah tried to do things in his own way and suffered the consequences. We all have similar choices. We can do things God’s way and receive His help and blessing, or we can do things our way and suffer the painful consequences. God will go a long way to rescue His wayward children and lead them back to Himself. Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom to realize that God’s way is the only way.”

Quite readily I add my own “Amen!” to that!

Lord, I desperately need Your presence. I don’t need to know Your plan. I choose to believe it to be one for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

Maybe that’s why I’m still singing the song with which I awoke. Questions 67 and 68 by Chicago. ♪I’d like to know, Can You tell me — please don’t tell me It really doesn’t matter anyhow♪

Yes Lord. Thank You that I get to practice being grateful in the not knowing. Blind faith and trust. In You!

I very well may be slipping. Thank You that You are here to catch me!

Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

Use me as You know is best. I love You. I need You. And I thank You. Amen.
(573 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment