Monday, March 23, 2020

steep me

Monday, March 23, 2020 (7:41 a.m.)
Blessed God,

This morning I am asking You to make me aware of the blessings that You have for us. Fear is easy. As is anger. I’m seeking a renewed faith. Hope. Oh yeah, and love! The greatest of these being love (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Oh most Blessed God, how I truly do thank You. I got to sing of Your perfect love drowning all our fears [♪No Longer Slaves♪].

Two different pastors reminded us of Your great might and power. Thank You Lord. Yes. Thank and praise You!

Tears! Full exhale. Natural inhale. More tears. Tissue. Another exhale. Repeat. Oh yes… and singing!

♪You split the sea So I could walk right through it My fears are drowned in perfect love You rescued me [exhale] And I [inhale] will stand and sing [exhale/inhale] I am a child of God♪

While I’m at it Lord, let me start at the beginning. ♪You unravel me with a melody You surround [exhale] me [inhale] with a song Of deliverance from my enemies ’Til all my fears are gone I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God♪

Yes Father. I depend on this Truth. I am Your child!

Thank You Lord. Left to my own devices I would be afraid. Very afraid. Instead I consciously choose You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises!

The word “steep” popped into my mind, leading me to Matthew 6:30-33 in The Message. Thus the tears mentioned above.

“Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.” Thank You Father.

Praise You. Bless You. I need Your reality! Your initiative. Your provisions. Properly gear me in readily identifying them as they come my way.

Yes Father. I want to easily recognize Your hand and Your work. Without hesitation. Gladly. Happily. Eagerly. Promptly. Yes please Father. Prepare me to willingly be steeped in Your perfect plan.

From [New Hope] church yesterday we were reminded that You give beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3). That “we are not alone, Jesus is in control.” We are to “look THROUGH the chaos, not at it.”

So much Truth Father. You called light into darkness (Genesis 1:2,3). None of this surprises You. You are still on Your throne. You will make something good out of this. And I get to choose to believe You at Your Word.

The Life Recovery Bible Serenity Prayer Devotional for Matthew 6:25-34 calls us to remember, “We need to ask ourself at every turn in life, Am I accepting this present moment, or am I pretending - trying to escape into the past or the future? Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day. The psalmist wrote, ‘This is the day that the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it’ (Psalm 118:24). We, too, can choose to find joy, strength, and sanity when we accept each day’s realities.”

Oh yes Dearest Father! Amen to that.

Steep me in Your Truth and Your promises. I love You. And I purpose to live this day as the day You have made! Do all You must to that end.

I love You. I need You. I want You. I choose You. And I thank You. Lord, how I thank You! Use me exactly as You alone know is best. Amen.

(590 words ~ 9:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment