Thursday, March 26, 2020

"subterranean joy"

Thursday, March 26, 2020 (6:30 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I am here. Actively seeking joy. Your joy.
(6:56 a.m.)

And just like always, You provide. Thank You Father. I get to turn to You. Trust in You. Call to You. Depend on You.

You settle my soul. You guide my thoughts. How I thank and praise You Father.

Take me into Your Word this morning.

Psalm 51:12, The Passion Translation. “Let my passion for life be restored, tasting joy in every breakthrough You bring to me. Hold me close to You with a willing spirit that obeys whatever You say.”

Reading an e-article from desiringgod.org reminds us that “Joy Is Not Optional”. Lord, how I thank You for the way You draw me more deeply into Your Word.

Deuteronomy 26:11, “You must rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you and your house…” I confess to forgetting this Dearest Lord.

The news of this world surrounds us with fear and warnings. How desperately we need Your Good News of hope and joy.

Father, we need Your Truth! Yes. Philippians 4:8, The Voice. “Finally, brothers and sisters, fill your minds with beauty and truth. Meditate on whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good, whatever is virtuous and praiseworthy.”

It’s a tall order Lord. Not one we can fill on our own. I lean into You. Asking You to provide our every single need. Teach us Father.

The Passion Translation. “So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always.”

This is where I am simultaneously laid out before You while at the very same time standing firmly on Your Word.

2 Corinthians 6:10. “Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.”

The joy I am going to find Dearest God is definitely in You. It isn’t optional. It’s Scriptural!

I don’t want to appear “dull to the multifaceted pains of life in this age” (Joy Is Not Optional). No! I long that others would see the hope and joy I have in You.

The CoVID-19 crisis is real. It’s not going away any time soon. And it’s scary. Terrifying, if we focus only on it.

But “in Christ we have access to subterranean joy that is simultaneous with, and deeper than, the greatest of our sorrows.” Establish us firmly in Your Truth Dearest God.

And You just keep providing! Thank You Father.

Tracing the phrase, “God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him” (John Piper) I am directed to Psalm 16:11. “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever.”

The Life Recovery Bible comment for this and the four preceding verses help me stay centered in You. Thank You Father. 

16:7-11 As we seek through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with God, we will find in His Word not only peace of mind and heart but also good counsel that will keep us from falling into sin. Knowing that God is with us and that He will never abandon us should be a constant source of joy and peace. An important principle of recovery is realizing that God is with us - here and now - and that He promises to be with us through all eternity.”

Father God, keep me close to You this day. Protecting me from my own tendencies. I want to know and trust, depend on and delight in You more. Better than I ever have.

Do all You must that I will be fully aware of Your absolute "subterranean joy". I love You. I need You. I want You. And I seek You. Lord, how I seek You!

Use me exactly as You know is best this day. Joyfully! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(704 words ~ 9:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment