Monday, March 9, 2020

irrefutable Truth

Monday, March 9, 2020 (7:42 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed, Holy God,

I am here this morning Father confessing my resistance to change. Even there I stop to ask You, is it resistance? Or reluctance? Inability? Or unwillingness?

Whatever it is Lord, I am inviting You in! Yes Lord. See the smile on my face? It acknowledges that You are in charge.

Yes Father, every single time I remember and confess…

See me smile! See me break through with the freedom and joy that had once again been overshadowed by a fear of change. Oh most dear and blessed Lord God, how deeply and truly I thank You.

You allow me to struggle and wrestle with my own thoughts and fears. And every single time I bring them to You in confession, You release me. Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You.

Yes Father, I’ve been sinking deeper and deeper into a muck and mire of my own making. My thoughts had again begun focusing on all the “what ifs” I could imagine. Thank You for once more turning the tide of my thinking to You.

Every single day I get to choose. Fear? Or FAITH! Circumstances. Or JESUS!

Jesus. Yes Jesus.

♪He Is Lord He is Lord He is risen from the dead And He is Lord Every knee shall bow Every tongue confess That Jesus Christ is Lord…♪

Holy, Holy God, I keep forgetting. I hate to admit it. All Truth be told, I have been allowing the changes of this current world to take my eyes off of Your irrefutable Truth. Yes. Holy God.

Philippians 2:5-11 Christ’s Humility and Exaltation Jesus humbled Himself. “He made Himself nothing… dying a criminal’s death on a cross.

“Because of this, God raised Him up to the heights of heaven and gave Him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Holy, Holy God, I know it will happen again. It has so many times in the past. I allow change and circumstance to disrupt my certainty. What is the one thing on which we can depend? The one thing that cannot change? Jesus!

I don’t have to be afraid. I don’t want to live in fear of the unknown. Jesus, I look to You. You can change all the circumstances of which we are fearful. In accordance to Your will.

Let the prayer of my heart, soul, mind and strength be the irrefutable Truth of Your resurrection power. This I humbly pray in Your holy name. Actively seeking the fruit promised when Your Holy Spirit controls our lives (Galatians 5:22-23a).

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control. Fear is not listed there at all. Banish it from my being I pray. In Your most Holy name I pray, Jesus! Amen.

(506 words ~ 8:51 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment