Thursday, March 5, 2020

antidote to fear

Thursday, March 5, 2020 (6:38 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I’m confessing fear to You this morning. Fear of so many things. In Truth, the one thing we are to fear is You. Lead and guide me in that direction. Equipping, empowering and enabling me 
(10:28 a.m.)

And I’m back. 3 1/2 hours later. After talking with others concerning their own fears.

Father, I do not want to live a single moment in fear. I want very much to be alert and aware as Your Bible cautions us. Not afraid. I look to You to this end.

Forsaking All I Trust Him. Your antidote to fear. Yes Father. I want the FAITH I am lacking to combat the fearful thoughts that circle round in my head.

And here You are Lord. Guiding. Leading. Directing me straight over to 2 Timothy 1:7. King James Version, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Yes Dad! You did!!

The Passion Translation says, “For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love and self-control.”

The Voice, “You see, God did not give us a cowardly spirit but a powerful, loving, and disciplined spirit.”

New International Reader’s Version. “God gave us His Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.”

So here I am Father. Leaning into and trusting You. Forsaking the thoughts that make me afraid. Of the known, as well as the unknown.

I love You Lord. I long to trust You as I ought.

The comment in The Life Recovery Bible reiterates Timothy’s weaknesses. Reminding the readers that “His success was not based on his ability, skill, or courage; it was based on the Holy Spirit’s power working in him.”

Because strength, courage and self-discipline is not deeply rooted in our beings, I turn again to Your Truth (Ephesians 3:14-21) and Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Empowering. Oh most dear and Blessed God how I thank and praise You for knowing us so well.

You knew long before any of us how much we would need to be anchored and deeply rooted in the soil of Your marvelous love (v.17). It is by Your mighty power at work within us that You are “able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (20).

This IS the prayer of my heart Blessed Lord. That You would do exactly as You know is best. Providing for me every courage that You know I need in combatting all the fears of which I am becoming aware.

Your power is glorious. Unlimited. Trustworthy. The absolute antidote to fear.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me as only You know is best. I love You. Amen.
(492 words ~ 11:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment