Wednesday, April 1, 2020

splayed wide open

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 (7:27 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that You are still God. And You are still holy.

Hours ago I was singing ♪Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee♪

Now that I’m up again and much more fully awake I confess the fear that wants to take hold within. It’s a battle Lord! Choosing to trust You rather than be afraid.

I keep looking for Your miracle. Asking for it. Seeking it. Knocking on Your door Dear Lord (Matthew 7:7; Luke 11:9). You alone have got this.

Father, I do not want this to appear as mere lip service to You. No. My heart is truly splayed wide open to You. I am not attempting to pretend my fears away. I am however calling and depending on Your mercy and grace in Christ (m-a-g-i-c) to see us through.

Father God, we are in such need. This cannot be falling on deaf ears. Surely there is a righteous among us whose prayers You are hearing. Do what only You alone can do Blessed God.

♪Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!♪

Talk about us not knowing what we think we know Lord.

Oh most Holy God, my heart is praying Your mercy!

Reading Isaiah 29:13-16 I am encouraged. Hopeful. And scared. Yes Father. I am going to continue telling You just how scared I really am.

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Discipline is due because God’s people ‘come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.’” Are we being disciplined Dear Lord? Is that what this is?

“And so the Lord says, ‘These people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away. And their worship of me amounts to nothing more than human laws [read also: Their worship is a farce, for they merely teach human commands and teachings] learned by rote. Because of this, I will do wonders among these hypocrites, I will show that human wisdom is foolish and even the most brilliant people lack understanding” (vs. 13-14)
(11:21 a.m.)
How much do we resemble this Lord?

“Destruction is certain for those who try to hide their plans from the LORD, who try to keep Him in the dark concerning what they do! ‘The LORD can’t see us,’ you say to yourselves. ‘He doesn’t know what is going on!’ How stupid can you be? He is the Potter, and He is certainly greater than you. You are only the jars He makes! Should the thing that was created say to the one who made it, ‘He didn’t make us’? Does a jar ever say, ‘The potter who made me is stupid’?” (15-16).

If we’re going to throw the stupid word around, let’s start with us!

Oh, but let’s not stop there! Not even with singing ♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord♪

No let’s look at Your next promises. Verses 17 and 18. “Soon - and it will not be very long - the wilderness of Lebanon will be a fertile field once again. And the fertile fields will become a lush and fertile forest. In that day deaf people will hear words read from a book, and blind people will see through the gloom and darkness.

“The humble will be filled with fresh joy from the LORD. Those who are poor will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. Those who intimidate and harass will be gone, and all those who plot evil will be killed. Those who make the innocent guilty by their false testimony will disappear. And those who use trickery to pervert justice and tell lies to tear down the innocent will be no more” (vs 19-21).

Holy God, You know what is best. We trust You to do what You know is best. Even [especially] when it horrifies us, You must be glorified!

“That is why the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, says to the people of Israel, “My people will no longer pale with fear or be ashamed. For when they see their many children and material blessings, they will recognize the holiness of the Holy One of Israel. They will stand in awe of the God of Israel. Those in error will then believe the truth, and those who constantly complain will accept instructions” (22-24).

If this is indeed a time of correction Lord, let us learn our lesson! Make us faithful. End this madness. Give us Your miracle of healing Lord. In so many ways. You alone are able. Worthy. Perfect. Do all You must.

“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).

Oh how we pray Lord. Confessing our sins. And seeking Your healing. Please Lord. We love You. We need You! And we thank and praise You. In advance of ALL You are going to do. In Jesus’ most holy name we pray. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Amen.
(878 words ~ 12:09 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment