Sunday, March 8, 2020

"free indeed"

Sunday, March 8, 2020 (8:10 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank and praise You for the holy God You are. You provide our every need.

I noticed myself smiling yesterday. Freely. Broadly. Often. Thank You Lord.

Your Word, Your Truth, Your power, Your promises. All the things we can truly stake our lives on. Thank and praise You God!

It’s taken some really hard questions from people who’ve struggled themselves to get me where I am this morning. Exhaling deeply. And smiling. With near complete abandon. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to smile with such freedom. Yes Father. I was first aware of it while working out in the yard yesterday. 

Having first prayed with a friend. Looking up the two words that immediately came to mind. “Free indeed” (John 8:36). And then the song.

♪Who the Son sets free Oh is free indeed I’m a child of God Yes I am♪ Holy God, how I thank You!

Searching Your Word. Singing wholeheartedly. Smiling broadly. ♪In my Father’s house There’s a place for me I’m a child of God Yes I am♪

I am! I truly am!

♪I am chosen, not forsaken I am who You say I am You are for me, not against me I am who You say I am♪ Praise You, Father. Thank You.

I get to follow You into Your Word. Matthew 11:28-30. The Passion Translation. “Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Then come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis…”

You are Lord. And I am grateful. Thank You for the blessings You provide. The freedom to love. To hope. To smile.

Tracing our collective weariness back to Your Word, I am directed to “See Ps. 55:22.” Following Your lead I get to read yet another comment in The Life Recovery Bible.

Psalm “55:20-22 David’s anguish caused him to think about the pain he had suffered at the betrayal of an old friend… The solution for David, and for us, is to give our burdens to God. He is able to strengthen us, encourage us, and keep us from failing.”

♪You are for me, not against me I am who You say I am♪ And I am free in You. Free indeed!

Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Your vessel. Empty of myself. Filled with Your Spirit. Humbled. Free. Indeed.

I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(415 words ~ 9:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment