Wednesday, March 4, 2020

the details

Wednesday, February [oops!] March 4, 2020 (6:31 a.m.)

That mistake reminded me that today is somebody I used to know’s birthday. Interesting. Birthday blessings to that person Lord.

Thank You Father for the people You bring into our lives. And the details as well.
(7:48 a.m.)
Mm. Yes. The details Lord. Your details.

Guide and direct me this morning. Your Word has so much to say regarding the details You would have us paying attention to.

Father, thank You. Yes. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your perfect eye to detail.

The two sections of Scripture I’m most drawn to this morning were written by David (Psalm 145) followed by his son, Solomon (Proverbs 8:22). In comparing and contrasting these two segments I find myself with such a sense of peace.

Another group of hope-filled verses is found in the apostle Paul’s telling of his hardships (2 Corinthians 6:1-10). By sharing his sufferings, Paul is able to show the Corinthians how to follow Jesus by “[Staying at Our Post].”

Father God, how I thank You for the reminders You provide through the multitude of details shared by those who knew, believed, loved and followed You. How I ask that You continue growing me as one of Your own.

Paul prompted those who would listen to remember Your words given through the prophet Isaiah (49:8). “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Oh Hallelujah Jesus! Thank You for all You came to save us from (John 3:17).

Oh, yes. Hallelujah indeed!

As I search, read, study and hope I am thrilled to consider all You have for each of us. David’s words excite and make me eager to share them.

According to Illustrated Bible Handbook, Psalm 145 isPure praise, offered to God for His many wonderful attributes and qualities.” Yes Father. The Message (v.6) tells us, “Your marvelous doings are headline news; I could write a book full of the details of Your greatness.”

Taking this verse over to The Life Recovery Bible comments for this psalm of praise I affirm it for “the effective weapon” it truly is. “Our praise of God’s work in our life can bring joy and encouragement to others.” Yes Father. The smile on my face and the peace in my heart and soul confirm it.

Thank You Lord for the love that is You (1 John 4:8). That very love that Jesus came to teach His followers. His apostle John wrote 1 John to the unnamed early churches so they would know they have eternal life (5:13).

You sent us Jesus Father so we would be saved. From our sins. From ourselves. You are in the details Lord. Every single detail of our lives.

Teach me more about what John was saying to those early believers. The Message, “My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love - so you can’t know Him if you don’t love” (1 John 4:7-8).

Yes Lord. Teach me. Through the details of which You are fully aware.

I love You Father. I need You. I trust You. I want You. And I thank You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Yes Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(592 words ~ 9:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment