Saturday, March 7, 2020

♪Honesty…♪

Saturday, March 7, 2020 (6:32 a.m.)

♪Honesty…♪ is what I woke up singing. Again. The second day in a row.

(7:10 a.m.)
And here I sit. Smiling. Beaming actually.

Yes Lord. Turning to Your Word (Genesis 31:45-55 Personal Boundaries) and revisiting past prayers (God’s power 6/4/18), I am reminded of Your blessings. Of the hope we have in trusting You. Thank You Father.

You are so good! Far too often I forget just how good You truly are. Thank You for every single reminder You give me. “Hi old person!” from a four year old girl to a complete stranger four years ago. Oh God, You are so good!

I come to You Lord. Truly asking You to continue leading and guiding me in Your Way. Your Truth. Your life (John 14:6). With every word I read Your hope builds inside me. Thank You Lord.

Yes! I was deeply honest yesterday. With You. Myself. And another human being (Step 5 of 12). Hope immediately sprang back to life. Thank You Father.

We get to choose to ‘throw off our old evil nature and our former way of life’ (Ephesians 4:22). And ‘display a new nature because we are a new person created in Your likeness - righteous, holy, and true’ (v. 24).

I am not the mistakes I make! I am Your child. Growing in Your Truth. How I thank and praise You.

Continue Your work in establishing my root base (Colossians 2:7) firmly and deeply in You. Growing “in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth” I am being taught!

Father, I love You. I long to live this day in the power and freedom of Your Truth. That Truth that we can know and that will set us free (John 8:32).

And will You just look at this! Turning in Your Word to this very verse. The Life Recovery Bible devotional entitled “Honesty”. Thank You God.

Keep singing to me Lord. Leading me. Guiding me. Directing me. To Your Truth. In Your Truth. With Your Truth. By Your Truth. For Your Truth.

Now this. A comment. “8:31-36 To be ‘set free’ is to know the Truth - the truth about ourself and about Jesus our liberator. The truth is this: We are a slave to sin and powerless to manage our life effectively.”

Oh “Amen!” to that!
(10:11 a.m.)

I’m back after a lengthy phone call. Filled with fear, countered by prayer!

Lord, You call us not to be afraid. It truly is to You we turn. Trust. Depend.

Concluding the comment above. “With God’s Truth as a standard for our moral inventory, we can recognize and confess our needs and struggles, our sins and addictions. As we confess these to God, to ourself, and to at least one other person, we share the truth about our life. When we turn our broken life over to God, who alone can make us whole, we are again acknowledging the Truth. These different applications of the truth can combine to set us free from sinful habits, chemical dependencies, and emotional bondage.”

Oh, Amen, Blessed God. Amen!

♪… When I’m deep inside of me, don’t be too concerned. I won’t ask for nothin’ while I’m gone. But when I want sincerity tell me where else can I turn. Because YOU’re the one I depend upon! Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue. Honesty is hardly ever heard. And mostly what I need from You♪

Yes Lord. Your Truth. Your honesty. That truly sets me free!

Honesty READ JOHN 8:3-36 Living in denial is living dishonestly… The spiritual forces that sway our life have roots in either truth or deceit. Truth leads to freedom; deceit leads to bondage and death. Denial is a lie that keeps us in slavery. When we are a slave to our addiction, we lose the right to choose any other way of life. It is only when we break the cycle of denial, when we become brutally honest about our bondage, that there is any chance for real freedom.”

Oh yes, dear Father! Work with me today in combatting my denial and living this day honestly! By You. With You. In You. For You. Through You.

I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You. Use me exactly as only You know is best. Amen.
(738 words ~ 10:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment