Saturday, March 28, 2020

♪I'm Waiting For The Day♪

Saturday, March 28, 2020 (6:59 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You!

Yes Lord. Thank You.

You woke me up singing again.

It took some time to recognize. And somewhat longer to find.

As I wonder what You want me to do with it, I continue looking to You. Father. Is it the drums? ♪Bom, bom, bom♪ Or the words?

Without getting too sidetracked by the history of the song itself, I’m asking what You want me to do with it Lord.

Written by Brian Wilson in 1964. “A simple love poem told from the point of view of its narrator who wishes to offer his comfort and support to a girl whose heart was broken by someone else.”

Sure sounds like You to me!

There are jazz chords. Doo-wop progressions. Timpani blasts [♪Bom, bom, bom♪]. So many dynamics.

The beat starts out huge [♪Bom, bom, bom♪] and gets smaller as the vocals begin. Lord God, I really see You singing to me here.

♪I came along when he broke your heart That’s when you needed Someone to help forget about him I gave you love with a brand new start That’s what you needed the most To set your broken heart free I know you cried, and you felt blue But when I could I gave strength to you I’m waiting for the day when you can love again♪

We are in desperate need of Your love, Father! The brand new starts that only You provide.

♪But you know that pretty soon I made you feel glad That you belonged to Me And love began to show… I’m waiting for the day when you can love again♪

This where I am choosing to seize the moment and not wait. No!

Psalm 118:24, ‘THIS is the day that You have made; I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!’

Yes Father. You keep singing to me when I least expect it and I will continue pointing to You. Your goodness. Your grace.

The Passion Translation, “This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee.”

♪Bom, bom, bom…♪ You came along. You gave. You know. And we accept Your promises Lord.

Thank You for loving us. Continue Your work in doing exactly as You know is best.

We love You Lord. Use us. Thank You. Amen.

(399 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment