Tuesday, March 3, 2020

another smile

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 (6:36 a.m.)
Blessed God,

You provide us so many reasons to smile. Without even thinking about it I noticed another smile. Which allowed me even another one. Thank You Lord.

Waking up with my mind on ♪Open My Eyes That I May See♪ I continued considering how blessed we are to have ♪Glimpses of Truth Thou hast for me♪ Father, thank You that it is truly You Who will ♪Place in our hands the wonderful key That shall unclasp and set us free♪

Taking this tune and these lyrics over to Your Word I marvel at the various verses that speak of freedom. In You. In Jesus. His blood. His Spirit.

Again I turn to John 8:32 and find yet another smile. “And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.” Oh look! Have I wondered about this before?

At His Last Supper, Jesus told His disciples that He is ‘the Way, the Truth and the Life’ (John 14:6). All things but You being equal, I come back to YOU being the key that truly sets us free.

Blessed Jesus, there are so many songs. So much of Your Truth shared in so many different ways. Funnel all my thoughts, hopes, dreams into Your pure stream of Truth.

Yes Jesus! Align my thinking, my wants and desires with Your best. Your Truth!

Turning to Psalm 119:18, the Scripture verse associated with this famed hymn, I read, “Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in Your law.” Here I ask what is Your law? Immediately answering Your law is love.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 119:17-24 begins, “With God’s guidance, we can learn truths from His Word that will lead us safely through the uncharted territories of life.”

Your Truth. Your Word. Your love. Yes please Lord.

Reading John 8:32 in The Passion Translation I insert a noun and a pronoun to see how it resonates in my thinking. “For if you embrace the truth [Jesus], it [He] will release more freedom into your lives.” Embrace Jesus? Oh the joy [and smile] in that thought.

Lead, guide and direct my desires, thoughts, words and actions. Opening my eyes, ears, mouth and heart enabling me to ♪Silently now I wait for Thee, Ready my God Thy will to see Open my eyes (ears, heart) illumine me, Spirit Divine♪

Yes! Look -> another smile.

Thank You God. I love You. Use me to Your glory and the good of others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(431 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment