Saturday, February 29, 2020

symptoms

Leap Day Saturday, February 29, 2020 (6:50 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Speak with me this morning about symptoms, won’t You? There are so very many out there.
(7:39 a.m.)

You are SO good to provide hope and inspiration at every turn. Lord, how I truly thank You.

Searching “symptoms” to no avail.

Train of thought interruption -> “availeth” -> availeth much -> James 5:16. King James Version, “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”

Father, You absolutely never cease to amaze me! Thank You Lord.

Thank You for every single time You make me aware of symptoms. Traits. Manifestations. ‘Events, actions, or objects that clearly show or embody something, especially a theory or an abstract idea.’

I take all these side tracks Father. One word, thought or song leads me off in a different direction. Your Word brings me back to Your teaching.

“Traits” took me to 1 Timothy 1:6 and The Goal of Sound Teaching. 

“Manifestation” led me to 2 Corinthians 4:2 and the apostle Paul’s renouncing of “secret and shameful ways.”

The recesses of my mind still have the two songs with which I woke and have yet to explore.

♪Oh, I wanna dance with somebody… With somebody who loves me♪ As well as David Bowie’s ♪Let’s Dance♪

There seems to be a simplistic Truth underlying all these directions my mind is wandering. I’m asking You to lead and guide my thoughts. Words. Wants. And actions.

I believe You to be the Somebody who loves me! Who better for me to dance with than the Creator of the universe?
(8:57 a.m.)

Blessed God, I am asking You to bless us and keep us (Numbers 6:24-26) this day. You know all You have for us. I want to want it!

Make us fully aware of the symptoms of covetousness. “Having or showing a great desire to possess something belonging to someone else.”

Empower and enable us in wanting all You provide.

Thank You Father. We love You. We want You. We need You. And we thank You. Use us. To Your glory and the good of others. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(376 words ~ 9:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment