Thursday, February 20, 2020

02/20/2020

Thursday, February 20, 2020 (5:53 a.m.)
Thanks for that Dad,

It doesn’t take much to make me smile. 02/20/2020. Waking up at 02:20 would have been cool. Thank You that it’s the simplest things I find myself smiling about.

Yes Father. You give me such joy. Here’s a perfect example.

I recognized the song I was singing as soon as I was waking up. It was Aaron Lines again. And I was only one word off. Thank You God that I am blessed even when I’m mistaken.

As I searched “Making old things new” various song were suggested. Adding the artist’s name took me immediately to “Old Days New”. Thanks Dad.

I wasn’t sure why it would be this song. Not until I got to the very last verse.

♪Well I’ve got a thousand reasons to smile these days I’ve got a thousand great memories that I can’t replace But when there’s weight on my shoulders and tears on my face Even years from now I know I’ll say…♪

Holy God, how I thank You for all the reasons You give us to smile. Things as simple as an ordered combination of numbers. Oh Lord God how I relish the uncomplicated things!

Ending with the chorus of the song above, I find I don’t agree with the very last line.

♪I ain’t complaining About the way things are Not too long ago life was oh so easy Now when that innocence seems so far What I wouldn’t do to make the old days new♪

I wouldn’t want to make the old days new Lord. I want instead to see what You have for us!
(7:00 a.m.)
Oh, how cool is this?

Taking my thoughts to an internet search I find scores of articles written about You making all things new. Thank You Father. You take such very good care of us.

Verse after verse of Your promises to make all things new. Yes!

♪What I wouldn’t do to see You make all things new♪ Yes Lord. Yes. A thousand times yes. Make us new Lord.

Thank You. I love You. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(367 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment