Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Better

Thursday, February 6, 2020 (6:11 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Yes Father. Thank You.

I feel better. Days have been spent wondering. Questioning. Doubting. And then yesterday… Better! Thank You God!
(6:55 a.m.)
And right here may I just say, “Wow!” And thank You!

Yes. A song that has been singing to me since Sunday turns out to be just a little bit different than I thought. And ties directly into lots of my thoughts over the past several days.

♪In my Father’s house There’s a place for me I’m a child of God Yes I am♪ began  the other morning with just a hum of four notes. Recognizing them fairly easily I sang only ♪In my Father’s house♪ over and over.

The next day I remembered, ♪There’s a place for me♪ and joined the two phrases together. Last night I found myself belting out with full force ♪I’m a child of God. Yes I am♪

Imagine [You already know] my surprise at learning that none of those words entitle this song. Nope. My excitement goes so much deeper than the obvious.

Father, how I thank You for the opportunity of once again finding joy and being surprisingly delighted by the simplest things! ♪Who You Say I Am♪ speaks to me so loudly his morning.

Having spent several days considering myself a wimp and a failure, it was only when I turned to wondering what You thought of me that I started feeling better. Thank You Father!

Thank You for who You say we are!
(8:17 a.m.)
Oh yes most Blessed God. Speak to me more about who You say we are.

1 Peter 2:9. A chosen people. A royal priesthood. Holy nation. People belonging to God. Called out of darkness into Your marvelous light.

Would You just look at that? Another song.
(11:50 a.m.)

♪Into marvelous light I’m running Out of darkness, out of shame By the cross You are the truth You are the life, You are the way♪

How perfect is that Lord? Every single time I turn to You, Your are there. More obvious at times than others. But there/here all the same.

Father how I thank You for reminding me of so very many things. Your love. Your presence. Your strength. Your kindness. Your hope.

Here’s a part of the song with which I’m not familiar. ♪Lift my hands and spin around See the light that I have found Oh the marvelous light Marvelous Light♪

I envision myself a child. Wildly abandoning myself to Your presence. ♪Lift my hands and spin around…♪

Thank You Father for calling us out of the darkness. Into Your perfect, healing light. Teach me to share as freely with others as You have shared with me. You have given so we will give. You have loved us so we will love. Empower, embolden, enable me to do as You would have me do.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.
(506 words ~ 12:05 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment