Tuesday, February 11, 2020

incomparably great ~ 1/30/20

Thursday, January 30, 2020 (Ship’s time 6:49 a.m.)
Anchored off Cabo San Lucas, MX
Good morning God,

Thank You for yet another momentary bit of colorful sunrise. One moment there, the next gone! Oh but the swirls of clouds in the sky make up for any short-lived feelings of disappointment.

Taking even this experience back to Your Word, I read of grass that withers and flowers that fade, “but the Word of our God stands forever” (Isaiah 40:8).

Oh Your goodness Lord! As I follow this trail over to Peter’s words to hurting Christian’s, I am once again amazed. Father, You have always known Your stuff.

Here (1 Peter) we get to read Greetings from Peter, The Hope of Eternal Life and A Call to Holy Living. And as we read, that hope that comes from trusting You grows. Thank You Father!

“Through Christ you have come to trust in God” (1 Peter 1:21). Yes Lord. And as that trust and hope grow so does the opportunity to ‘really love each other intensely with all our hearts’ (v. 22c).

As I read and trust Your Word Father, the more I want to know. The firmer I long to stand on Your Truth. The louder I wish to sing of You. And the broader the smile I have for You.

Lord You are so very good. You have been working to change me my whole life. With each passing day I am made more aware of how deeply embedded Your Word is in me. Thank You Father.

Illustrated Bible Handbook teaches me, “Comfort! …Isaiah 40 contains several incomparably great expressions of encouragement for believers of all the ages. Read them and meditate on this great God of ours. He has not forgotten you but is available now to renew your strength and to lift you up when you stumble.” Oh how I believe and trust Your Truth Dearest God.

Continue Your work in me this day. As You keep making me aware of the things in this life that just don’t last, how I ask You to empower and embolden me in readily sharing Your truly Good News with a genuinely hurting world.

I love You Father. You have blessed us. Supremely. Enable us in actively giving of ourselves. Regularly.

You are good. You are holy. We are Yours. Make us ready to serve. You and others. Thank You Father. We love You. Amen.
(411 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment