Monday, February 24, 2020

tightly

Monday, February 24, 2020 (7:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

I behaved badly. Again! Mistakes were made. Feelings were hurt. Grudges were held. Tightly.

Forgive me Father. I intentionally chose to hold tightly to the bitterness. Adding insult to injury as it grew into something unrecognizable.

It wasn’t that I didn’t have a choice. I was well aware of my options. I actually felt the rigidity in my body. And I saw the effect my bad attitude had on those around me. Especially the young ones.

Again I ask Your forgiveness Lord. Even though I knew better, I definitely didn’t do better.

Taking matters into my own hands, I recited Bible verses and sections of the Serenity Prayer. To no avail. My heart was hardened. My mind set. People needed to pay for hurting my feelings. I was out for revenge. “Let’s just see how they like this treatment!”

Blessed God, You know far better than I that this attitude never serves me well. Holding tightly to vengefulness has not ever turned the tide in my favor. Hostility only makes the hole I dig for myself that much deeper.

Thank You Father that You allow us to know the Truth that will set us free (John 8:32). And You let us struggle and wrestle with that Truth until we are willing to accept and embrace it.

When I finally come back to my senses, realizing and accepting that apart from You I can do nothing of value; I feel embraced, supported, encouraged. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the opportunity and privilege of reading of the miracles documented in Your Word of Truth. This morning especially of a Shunammite woman (2 Kings 4: 8-37).

Her treasured son had died and she had hurried to get Elisha. “But when she reached the Holy Man at the mountain, she threw herself at his feet and held tightly to him” (27).

Elisha’s servant “Gehazi came up to pull her away, but the Holy Man said, ‘Leave her alone - can’t you see that she’s in distress? But GOD hasn’t let me in on why; I’m completely in the dark” (28).

Father I find comfort in the fact that even Your chosen people didn’t always know what was going on. They were not always perfect. Yet every time they turned back to You, they were forgiven.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Again I say, “Forgive me for my mistakes.” The ones I have already made and the ones that are sure to come.

I love You Lord. I thank You. Use me. Amen.
(429 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment