Thursday, February 27, 2020

"Just laugh"

Thursday, February 27, 2020 (5:59 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You!

Father, You have blessed us so very much. With love. Laughter. Memories. Adventure. Peace. Hope…

The list goes on. With every acknowledged blessing another seems to pop right up. Thank You Lord.

Yes. Thank You indeed.

While thinking yesterday of what to give up for Lent, I recognized sulking as my go to vice. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the opportunity to grow with You these next 40+ days. Without my lifelong habit of attempting to avoid negative words, feelings and their outcomes I will be forced instead to confront all that I normally internalize.

And again I say, “Thank You!” Yes. Thank You for providing me the tools with which to battle my usual morose and sullen temperament.

Leave it to You to be the perfect and preparing God that You are. Yesterday You allowed a chance encounter with our breakfast server to become one of the day's biggest blessings.

“Just laugh” she said. As easily as if it were as natural to her as breathing. Going further in explaining her simplistic way of handling upsets, I found myself wanting more of her positivity.

Once more, You being You, allowed me to find backing for this attitude in Your Word. Psalm 52:6 and Proverbs 1:7. I can barely contain my excitement of yet another opportunity to grow in Your Truth.

YOU have to become my go-to response. No longer sullen, sulky pouting. No! Your Word. Your Truth. Fighting the father of lies (John 8:44) with You, the “one God and Father of us all” (Ephesians 4:6).

Oh, most dear and loving God, how I do truly thank You...
(10:56 a.m.)
Yes Lord.

You provide us with loving interruptions. With people who help us learn even more about loving You. And each other.

As I prepare to continue in this day. Straightening. Cleaning. Sorting. And putting away. I am asking Your presence in even the time management of these seemingly mundane tasks.

Yes Lord. Even here. In the most ordinary of ordinaries. You reign supreme. Thank You that I get to ask the God of the Universe, the Lord of All, to help me with my housework. 

Just as I was prepared to think that this is a first, I realized that I have asked You in many times before. Never have You failed. Nor disappointed.

So here I ask You once again, join me won’t You Dad? Leading. Guiding. Directing. And supervising my every thought, word and action. Make them pleasing to You (Psalm19:14).

I love You Father. And I look forward to You teaching me what YOU would have me know about learning to “Just laugh” when things are not to my liking.

My habits and tendencies are deeply rooted Dear Lord. And just like everything else in our lives ♪Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing Nothing is too difficult for Thee♪ (“Ah, Lord God”).

Thank You Father. Here’s another smile to keep us going. Thank You. I love You. Use me exactly as You know is best this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(528 words ~ 11:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment