Saturday, February 15, 2020

Indeed.

Saturday, February 15, 2020 (7:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.

Indeed. Thank You!

Mm. Yes. Indeed. Wow! And indeed again.

I get to read in Your Word of others who have used “indeed” regarding You. Thank You Father that I am in such good company.

Just yesterday, as I bemoaned my current health status. I remembered the thorn in the apostle Paul’s flesh (2 Corinthians 11:30; 12:8-10). Thank You Father. I stood taller in the remembering.

Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook I am encouraged. “Chapter 12. Weakness, Not Strength Weakness Is Strength; 12:1-10… Whatever the problem, it helped Paul realize that God’s ‘power is made perfect in weakness.’ It is when Paul is weak that he is strong.”

Oh dearest God, how I thank You for the many ways You remind us of the strength we have available to us in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Even here in The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for 2 Corinthians.

“Paul honestly accessed his life, recognizing both his strengths and weaknesses. Then he accepted and received the power that God offers to all who look to him. Paul is a good model for us to follow. When we make an honest assessment of our life and learn to depend upon God’s infinite resources, we will make significant progress in recovery.”

I believe You Lord. Indeed. I trust You to know what is best. I can keep trying this, that and something else. Or I can surrender it all unto You. Trusting. Believing. Depending on Your gracious favor to be all I need. Being confident that Your power works best in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Indeed. Yes. Indeed!
(10:06 a.m.)

Now, back to where I was headed before we were so cordially interrupted.

Galatians 2:19-21. Paul speaking to Peter. “What actually took place is this: I tried keeping the rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a ‘law man’ so that I could be God’s man. Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with Him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not ‘mine,’ but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate [reject] God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.”

Which takes me right back to Your grace being sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9). And Your power being made perfect in my weakness.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You. Indeed!

Back and forth between these two sections. I am encouraged. Hopeful. Persuaded.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for Galatians 2:20-21, “… Paul wanted the Jewish believers to realize that they could gain nothing by trying harder. They had to give up control and allow God to heal them and empower them in battling sin. We must give up our old ways of looking for deliverance and accept God’s grace - the free gift of forgiveness and healing offered by Jesus Christ.”
(11:53 a.m.)

Indeed! You offer us forgiveness and healing. We can decline and continue existing in misery. Or… accept and live in freedom.

I accept Father. Use me this day. In the strength of Your mighty power. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(653 words ~ 11:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment