Wednesday, February 19, 2020

no matter

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 (12:12 p.m.)
Blessed Lord,

I am here. So much later than usual. And deeply in need of Your calming, tender care.

Father, thank You that we are allowed to come to You no matter our current state. Mm, yes. No matter.

Even these words I can bring to You and receive peace in return. Thank You God.

I remember waking up and being grateful for the songs You put in my heart. I was reminded that the book of Psalms is itself a hymnal of praise to You. Set to music.

How appropriate that here in this current state of feeling glum I would be directed to Psalm 4. Every word I read infuses my heart. Broadens my smile.

Thank You Father! Left to my own devices I flounder. Turning to You I am buoyed. Praise You Lord.

Illustrated Bible Handbook has this to say, “Psalm 4. David’s experience when crushed by troubles (1-2) shows that prayer brings confidence (3), restored faith (4-5), and a present experience of peace (6-8).” To which I add, yes it does!

Blessed, Holy Father God, You know the circumstances of a falling out I’ve been experiencing. No matter [there are those words again!] how I’ve tried, resolution has still not taken place. I trust You to know what is best. Yet I keep putting in my own two cents. What, if anything would You have me do?

Give it all to You. Yes! Surrender.
(1:42 p.m.)

I can do that. Because of Your loving presence in our lives I can let go and let You be God. Yes. You are really good at that. Thank You.

Because You are God and I am not, I get to trust You to do all the things Your Word promises. Psalm4:8b, “… for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.” Turning to The Passion Translation I get to be reminded that, “…no matter what happens, I will live unafraid!”

And why is that? Because Your “perfect love casts out fear” (1 John 4:18).

Father, how I thank You for Your love and care. I ask You to guide and direct my next move. If any. Do all You must in this present circumstance of hurt and distrust.

I love You. I need You. Thank You for loving us even more. Use me as You alone know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(407 words ~ 2:52 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment