Tuesday, February 11, 2020

"Aha!"

Sunday, February 9, 2020 (5:46 a.m.)
Blessed God,

God morning.
(6:02 a.m.)

Would You just look at that? Off I went. Searching for Bible verses and the origin of the phrase “good morning.” Only to come back and find my Freudian slip of the day.

Truly God, You are good! So good.

Isn’t it interesting that I would start our time together today with a hearty, “God morning”? Especially after trying unsuccessfully to find the correlation between the words “good” and our name for You, “God.”

Blessed, Holy God, I take so many words and phrases for granted. Often not paying much attention to them at all. And then comes this morning’s “Aha!” hope of finding something profound in my most basic greeting to You.

Having learned long ago the basis of the word “goodbye” was originally the parting blessing of “God be with ye” I was honestly hoping to find something equally profound this morning. So this quest I bring to You Father, guide me deep into Your Word. Teaching me what You would have me take out into the day.
(6:44 a.m.)

And Your delights and surprises just don’t stop. Thank You God. Yes Lord. Praise You.

Reading Ecclesiastes 11:6 in multiple translations I went from hot to cold. High to low. Judging myself harshly. And finally, “Aha!”

Modern English Version, “In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening do not let your hand rest; because you do not know which activity will find success, this way or that way, or if the both will be good.”

Smiling here Lord, I feel hopeful. Following the initial shame of believing myself a slacker. One who does just enough to get by. Having once stayed busy for busy’s sake. Then a light bulb moment.

What if… the seeds I am to sow are not out in the yard, but instead are internal? Seeds of goodness. Kindness. Love. Joy. Encouragement.

Hmm. Think of it…

The Life Recovery Bible’s comment. “11:5-6 For the last time in this book, the Teacher reminds us of the limits of our understanding. In light of this, he counsels diligence: even though we do not know the outcome of our labor, we must keep busy. We will never understand all the events  in our life. We may never really understand our dependency or compulsion. But God has given us instructions to follow. We need to be diligent as we obey our faithful and loving God.”

Oh yes Father. Diligence. I look to You to provide. All that You know is necessary.

Illustrated Bible Handbook. “Prepare for the future: 11:1-6. Though you cannot control it.” Thank You Father for Your Truth. Thank You for Your guidance.

I love You. I long to serve You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Praise You. Be with us. Amen.
(483 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment