Monday, February 17, 2020

overcome

Monday, February 17, 2020 (6:59 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

How I thank You Lord. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the phrase “risks versus benefits” and in the very midst of it, Your Truth came to mind.

John 16:33. “I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.”

Father, how I thank You for the hope we find in turning to and standing on Your promises! Oh, the peace I experience as I read the various formats of this one, single verse.

Holy, holy God. You remind us ad infinitum that we are to trust in You. Depend on You.

Yes. In this world we will have tribulation and distress. And we are to be brave and courageous. Believing that You have conquered [won the battle over] the world.

Ah, the peace. The sense of being whole and protected. Thank You Father.

The Life Recovery Bible’s comment in its entirety. “16:33 In this world, especially in recovery, we encounter ‘many trials and sorrows,’ many of them beyond our control. These can be endured with God’s help. On the other hand, some of our suffering is self-inflicted and can be avoided. In such situations, God still offers us peace as we muster the courage to make needed changes in our life. God’s forgiveness and loving acceptance can give us peace as we face all of our trials and sorrows. God’s power can lead us through recovery; He has already overcome all the obstacles that stand in our way!”

Father, I ask for Your presence. Empowering and enabling me to stand firmly on this verse through whatever trouble I may encounter this day.

How I thank You for Your love. Your provision. Your perfection. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Lord, how I thank You!

Use me as You alone know is best. Thank You. Amen.

(344 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment