Sunday, February 16, 2020

especially different

Sunday, February 16, 2020 (7:30 a.m.)
Holy God,

It’s come to my attention on several occasions that I am different than others. Just recently being labeled especially different. “Like a sparkly My Little Pony.”

So Father, just how accurate is this description? And what do I do with it?

I AM different! “Uniquely [fearfully] and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). Thank You Lord that You didn’t cookie cutter us. Making us all alike.

Continue Your work in helping me more fully accept and embrace my uniqueness. Yes Father. I long to glorify and enjoy You as You designed. Exactly as I am. Created in Your own image (Genesis 1:27).

I read Your Word Lord and I experience such hopefulness. “Then God looked over all He had made, and He saw that it was excellent in every way” (Genesis 1:31). Hmm.. excellent in every way.

Blessed God, how I thank You for creating and loving us so much. Reading in a Serenity Prayer Devotional (The Life Recovery Bible) I become encouraged and excited by various phrases.

“Beauty and value are designed into the very fiber of our being by virtue of our Creator.” As well as, “We have been miraculously created, and we are treasured by God.” Oh, and this one! “As we begin to see how unique and special we are - embraced and accepted by God Himself - our strides toward recovery should grow faster and longer.”

Mm yes, Holy God. Lengthen my stride and quicken my return to You. Your will. Your way. I love You. Thank You for truly making me especially different than others!

Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Loving You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. And my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(305 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment