Wednesday, February 19, 2020

"words of Truth"

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 (6:46 a.m.)
Holy God,

I have a friend who is hurt by things I’ve said. Truly Lord I don’t know what to do.

And just like that I remember “when you don’t know what to do, don’t do anything.” And the other answer? “Pray.”

It seems as though that’s all I’ve been doing. But is it really?

Hmm… talk with me Lord.

I love You. I doubt myself so often. My abilities. My intentions. My words. My heart. My actions.

So I’m bringing it all back to You. You’re so good. You teach us so much. You want the very best for each of us.

And I thank You. Oh, how I thank You Lord!

Turning to Your Word once again.

John 8:31-32
John 17:17
Psalm 119:142

And once more, thank You God!

Every single time I start reading in Your Word, I am aware of the smile on my face. It reminds me of Your presence. In my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength. Lord, how truly grateful I am for Your existence.

I am made aware again and again of Your love for us. Your provision. The hope we have in trusting You to be the genuine, loving God that You are.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that I get to choose to trust You.

Jesus prayed to You on our behalves. “Make them pure and holy by teaching them Your words of truth” (John 17:17).

Mm, yes. Your Word IS Truth! Thank You Father. Praise You!

I get to read and be reminded of just how powerful Your words of Truth actually are. It is in the power of Your Truth that I pray Dearest Lord.

You know the plans You have for us. They are plans for good and not for evil. To give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). It is in You I place my trust.

In turning to Your Word, I get to read more about Your Truth. The freedom that comes from trusting You to be the good, good Father You claim to be.

With that freedom comes the strength that stems from relying on Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). The call for us to be alert against the prowlings of satan, seeking who he would devour (1 Peter 5:8).

We are to be faithful, even when facing death (Revelation 2:10). And to be earnest and repent of our sins (Revelation 3:19).

Oh most dear and blessed God, how I truly I thank You for once again righting my thinking. Thank You for Your presence in my despair. And thank You especially for the power of Your words of Truth.

I love You and I ask You to teach me to use Your Words wisely. With care. And the absolute best for others.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask this all in Your Son’s most Blessed name. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.
(504 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment