Friday, February 14, 2020

grounded in God's love

Friday, February 14, 2020 (5:15 a.m.)
Happy Valentine’s Day Lord,

A date that has come to represent love. And like most everything else has become commercial and ordinary. Holy God, how I thank You that You are anything but!

Thank You that I can wake up thinking. Wondering. Doubting. Fearing. And the next thing I know, singing. Yes, Lord. ♪ I Surrender All… All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all ♪

As I turn to the associated Bible verse (Romans 6:13) another song keeps singing. ♪ Into Marvelous Light I’m running ♪ Reading the lyrics I am not agreeing.

This morning there is physical pain. I confess to feeling more annoyed than adoring. And even that helps me smile. Father thank You that You give us so many blessings and I get to be honest enough to whine to You.

Yes Lord. Many circumstances aren’t to my liking. You give and bless and provide and I still find room to complain. Thank You that You are far greater than my grumblings.

Let’s go back to praising You for just how good You really are. You cover us. You’ve got us. Always. Nothing is outside of Your range.

And here it is. Your peace. Comfort. Promises. And tears forming in gratitude. Yes Father. You’ve got even this. Whatever this is.

Ephesians 3:14-21. Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Empowering. The Life Recovery Bible’s comment sums up quite nicely the hope we have in You.

“As we learn how much God loves us, we become confident that He is able to do far more in and through us than we could ever imagine!” Oh, amen to that Dearest Lord.

I have a tendency of allowing my imagination to run wild with all my own misgivings. Misunderstandings. And miscommunications. I draw conclusions that often look more monstrous than loving.

Thank You for the ways You lead me back to Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. “When we are grounded in God’s love, recovery will follow.” What hope Dear Lord!

Grounded in Your love. What a perfect place for us to be everyday. Thank You for the reminder on this particular day that now tends to lean more toward chocolates, flowers and big expenses.

Work in us Lord. Exactly as You know is best. Teaching us the very fine art of loving as You would have us love. Deeply. Wholeheartedly. Sacrificially. Freely.

You are good Father. And we are blessed. Because of Your love. Thank You. Use us. Amen.
(415 words ~ 6:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment