Tuesday, February 11, 2020

lasting ~ 1/29/20

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 (Ship’s time 6:29 a.m.)
Approaching Mazatlán, MX
Balcony
Holy, Holy God,

Fleeting. That’s exactly how to describe the color on the horizon just moments ago. Bright. Beautiful. Then gone. Not so my smile. It keeps growing.

Thank You God. Thank You that You set the colors in motion. You determine their order. You give us gifts beyond measure. And all You ask in return is that we love You with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And our neighbors as ourselves (31).

Our chief purpose being to glorify You and enjoy You forever. I count on You to continue teaching me more about how that is done.
(7:04 a.m.)

As we approach this favorite harbor of mine, how I thank You Lord for the opportunities that we have shared through the years. The experiences. The memories. The hopes and dreams.

Mm, yes Dad. Did You want me to learn anything from that very detailed dream I still remember from my sleep?
(7:51 a.m.)

As I sit here pondering Lord I feel such peace. With a giant side of excitement. The song ♪Everything is Awesome♪ just came to mind. Helping me remember one of the birthday shirts I bought yesterday ~ “excited about everything”.

Mm, yes Father. How I ask You to continue Your work in making me “excited about everything.” You know? What Your Word says about “Always be joyful… In all things give thanks” (1 Thessalonians 5:16; 18).

Oh but Father, You [and Your Word] just keep getting better. Not the least bit fleeting. Lasting! “From everlasting to everlasting” (Psalm 90:2; 103:17; Isaiah 43:13). You, Your love, Your mighty power are lasting. Not fleeting.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for this time to go more deeply into Your Word of hope. Of Truth. Of love.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to enable and empower me in doing exactly that. In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You. Sharing Your Truth as I go. Thank You Father. Use me. Precisely as You know is best.

I absolutely do not know what today holds, but I am confident in believing that You hold it all. Thank You Lord. I love You. I thank You. Use me. Amen.
(395 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment