Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Truth!

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 (6:19 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. You are good. We are loved by You. Created in Your image. Truth! Yes Father. Your Truth.

My thoughts swirl. They could easily spiral downward as I rethink my own thoughts and actions. That’s why I practice reciting the Truth of Your goodness.

Thank You that we get to come to You. Exactly as we are. Sinful. Sullied. And You restore us. With Your Truth.

It has been over two decades since I first recognized the importance of knowing Your Truth. And the added benefit of it setting us free (John 8:32). Thank You God.

The more I read, the stronger Your conviction. “The truth Jesus gives us releases us from the bondage of our past, the bondage of our sins, and the bondage of religion. Jesus is speaking these words to those who were not fully free from man’s traditions. Truth must be embraced and worked out through the divine process of spiritual maturity” (The Passion Translation Footnote).

You keep speaking Your Truth to me. Whether I want to hear and obey it or not.

“The Greek word for “truth” is reality. To embrace the reality of Christ brings more freedom into your life.” Truth! Yes Father. Your Truth. Your incredible, freeing Truth.

Father, I am asking You to use Your Truth to bring freedom to our hearts. Our souls. Our minds and our strength. Every single aspect of our being can be brought into Your marvelous, cleansing, freeing Light.

And right there music begins. ♪Into marvelous light I’m running Out of darkness, out of shame By the cross You are the Truth Your are the life, You are the way My deep heart now is beating My deepest stains now clean Your breath fills up my lungs. Now I’m free, now I’m free!♪

Free! Yes Father. We WILL know the Truth and it will set us free!

The Passion Translation tells us, “For if you embrace the truth, it will release more freedom into your lives.” Here again, we get to choose. Embrace Truth? Or lies? Jesus? Or satan.

Take a look at this. The Life Recovery Bible. “Honesty …(John 8:30-36, 43-44) The spiritual forces that sway our life have roots in either truth or deceit. Truth leads to freedom; deceit leads to bondage and death. Denial is a lie that keeps us in slavery…”

We are to speak Truth. Your Truth. In love (Ephesians 4:15). And we get to grow and benefit in the process.

Worldwide English. “We must say what is true and say it with love. In that way we will grow up in all things to be like Christ, who is head of this body.”

All this Truth because I began by acknowledging Your goodness and love. Thank You Father. Use me I pray. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(486 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment