Saturday, January 25, 2020

Sleep happened!


Saturday, January 25, 2020 (6:13 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Sleep happened! It did. And I am grateful Lord. Yes Lord. For so many things.

Rest. Opportunity. Music. Yes, another song woke me up. At first I found it odd. And once again it makes so much sense.

♪All By Myself don’t want to be all by myself anymore♪ It’s so true Father. You even said so. Genesis 2:18, “It is not good for the man to be alone, so I will create a companion for him, a perfectly suited partner” (The Voice).

How I thank You Lord. That You know and love us so much. You look out for us. You plan good things on our behalf. How I thank You.

Oh yes Lord. How deeply and truly I thank You.

We had a hiccup yesterday. Well more like repeated coughing spells. And not feeling well took its toll on communication. Irritants [physical and personal] led to shortness. And here I am singing ♪… don’t want to be all by myself♪

You’re good God! Really good.

There is much written about Adam’s need for a help meet. A well-matched helper. Partner. Companion. Counterpart. Just right for him.

Holy God, how truly I thank You for the way You use the simplest things [like a seemingly random song] to speak deeply to my heart. Soul. Mind. Strength (Mark 12:30). Yes. Thank You Father.

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best.

Thank You for yesterday’s reminder that I am here “to be his helper in everything” (The Voice; 1 Corinthians 11:9). Even [especially?] when we’re both not at 100%.

Thank You Father! You are good. I love You. And need You. And praise You. And ask You. Keep working in me. With, by, through and for me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(309 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment